Salutations

Tkodo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Eric. I recently took an extensive writing class from Gloria Kempton on The Hero's Journey. I am writing a fantasy novel and hope to finish my first novel in the near future.

I enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy novels. I am a hobbiest game designer and writer. I look forward to being a member of this community. Thank you.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Gerald_Johanssen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Eric, welcome to AW! Hope you find your way around easily enough.

What is your novel about exactly?

Tkodo

Registered
Reaction score
responce to gerald

Hi Eric, welcome to AW! Hope you find your way around easily enough.

What is your novel about exactly?

My novel is a fantasy based in the world of my game, it is about the life of the hero Hasten who was the son of the departed demon king. He and his brother Memnon had a feud over the throne after The Demon King, thier father passed away. One brother is cunning and magically proficient (Memnon), while Hasten the main char and heroine of the story is physically proficient. The feud between them causes Memnon to enlist the dark magi to assist him in taking the throne by means of ancient magic but Hasten being extremely powerful himself, the spell was not strong enough to function properly. The spell originally meant to remove his powers and banish him to the surface, this failed magic removed the memories and banish's him to the realm in which the other kingdoms exist (underworld vs surface world).

Robin Pike

Registered
Reaction score
My novel is a fantasy based in the world of my game, it is about the life of the hero Hasten who was the son of the departed demon king. He and his brother Memnon had a feud over the throne after The Demon King, thier father passed away. One brother is cunning and magically proficient (Memnon), while Hasten the main char and heroine of the story is physically proficient. The feud between them causes Memnon to enlist the dark magi to assist him in taking the throne by means of ancient magic but Hasten being extremely powerful himself, the spell was not strong enough to function properly. The spell originally meant to remove his powers and banish him to the surface, this failed magic removed the memories and banish's him to the realm in which the other kingdoms exist (underworld vs surface world).

That's quite an interesting plot you've got there! It makes me so happy when i see others talking about their stories, before i joined Aw i felt very isolated. Explore the forums and you'll learn a lot (that's what i've been doing :3 ).

Luke Bruton

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Eric welcome! Can I ask how beneficial the writing course was for you?

FlyBird

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Eric! I have found this forum very helpful. Once you have 50 posts you can post parts of your novel in SYW and I am sure you will get many valuable feedback. Good luck!