Sessions is out

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
That letter glaringly omits any obsequiousness toward Trump himself. Not one mention of it being an honor to work for narcissist-in-chief, and LOTS of referencing the rule of law. Damn, Jeff Sessions, you might have more than a bare modicum of integrity, after all.

(Just a little more, though. He's still a raging White Supremacist.)

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That letter glaringly omits any obsequiousness toward Trump himself. Not one mention of it being an honor to work for narcissist-in-chief, and LOTS of referencing the rule of law. Damn, Jeff Sessions, you might have more than a bare modicum of integrity, after all.

(Just a little more, though. He's still a raging White Supremacist.)

He might redeem himself a smidgeon if he now willingly spills everything he knows to Mueller.

Won’t happen, of course. And he’ll still be a racist dirtbag.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I, for one, am going to miss Kate McKinnon on SNL doing her Sessions skits.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The "Nobody Is Above The Law" resistance protest network has been activated due to this news - tomorrow, 5 PM local time.

Link - search ZIP code for nearest event

I hope to be able to attend, Family pending...
Thank you for that link.

I so want this shit to be over.

Your move, Mueller.

I RSVPed for the Bellevue event tomorrow. I think I'll be back from my job by then.

Last edited:

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for that piece, Larry. I heard something similar from at least one voice from the other side, too. Fox News' judicial analyst Judge Anthony Napolitano said it may be illegal. I didn't watch it. Won't give Fox the click.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
ABC News reporting tonight that there will be no recusing. And I can't imagine Whitaker would have been appointed if he hadn't sworn eternal loyalty first.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
From the first link:

Also on Wednesday, HHS proposed new rules targeting Obamacare plans that cover abortions, AP reported. The proposed rules would require insurers to send a separate bill to consumers for coverage related to abortion services.

I'm trying to understand what this means, exactly.

But the entire article; though not surprising, and we knew this was coming; just has my heart racing.

I know your links are about birth control, but the timing is telling, and it's so hypocritical because these same people not wanting to provide birth control are the same people who want to reverse Roe v. Wade.

This blogger Gabrielle Blair posted a great Twitter thread on abortion and then posted it in blog form.

I’m a mother of six, and a Mormon. I have a good understanding of arguments surrounding abortion, religious and otherwise. I’ve been listening to men grandstand about women’s reproductive rights, and I’m convinced men actually have zero interest in stopping abortion. Here’s why…
If you want to stop abortion, you need to prevent unwanted pregnancies. And men are 100% responsible for unwanted pregnancies. No for real, they are. Perhaps you are thinking: IT TAKES TWO! And yes, it does take two for _intentional_ pregnancies.
But ALL unwanted pregnancies are caused by the irresponsible ejaculations of men. Period. Don’t believe me? Let me walk you through it. Let’s start with this: women can only get pregnant about 2 days each month. And that’s for a limited number of years.
That makes 24 days a year a women might get pregnant. But men can _cause_ pregnancy 365 days a year. In fact, if you’re a man who ejaculates multiple times a day, you could cause multiple pregnancies daily. In theory a man could cause 1000+ unwanted pregnancies in just one year.

It's long, but well worth the read.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey joined seventeen other state attorneys in signing a letter asking Whitaker to recuse himself from the Mueller investigation. I don't expect him to, but am grateful to those eighteen state attorney.

And I know this is Mother Jones, which is left-leaning. but it's audio that can be found other places. Listen: Trump’s Acting Attorney General Said the President Can Kill Any Investigation He Wants
Left leaning or not Mother Jones has excellent reporting.

With any news source, topics chosen to cover might lean left or right, that doesn't mean the reporting is biased. Take Rachel Maddow, for example, an outspoken Progressive, yet she covers some stories in great detail with solid reporting.

Re the story, Nixon was about to be charged with obstruction of justice before he resigned. Obviously the POTUS cannot be above the law. But once he stuffed the court and now the DoJ with Trump cronies, and with the GOP Senators flaunting the law, Trump might be charged by the House but it will almost certainly stop there.

It will be interesting how Mueller handles things now. I have no doubt he's smarter than Trump's corrupt team. The question now is, will Mueller get these guys with state charges?

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Re the story, Nixon was about to be charged with obstruction of justice before he resigned. Obviously the POTUS cannot be above the law. But once he stuffed the court and now the DoJ with Trump cronies, and with the GOP Senators flaunting the law, Trump might be charged by the House but it will almost certainly stop there.

It will be interesting how Mueller handles things now. I have no doubt he's smarter than Trump's corrupt team. The question now is, will Mueller get these guys with state charges?

Isn't that matter (whether state charges can be brought to bear) one of the ones coming up to the (freshly-stacked) SCOTUS soonish?

I'm worried... really worried. This level of brazenness makes me think they really believe they're going to get away with it.

I did go to the local rally tonight, for a little while. (Too cold to stay too long, and the speakers weren't particularly well organized.) Did me some good, even if it's unlikely to make much of an impact against such a stacked deck.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The protest here was at 5 and I didn't get home from work until 6 so I'm here at home. But Seattle managed a big crowd and it's in the news now.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
According to The Hill Trump denies knowing Whitaker at all before he appointed him, never spoke to him about the Russia investigation before deciding to appoint him, and chose him only because Whitaker was already at DOJ and had a great reputation in the law enforcement community. (Hannity must have been the reference, assuming anyone at all actually described Whitaker that way.)

If you believe this string of lies, I am sorry to tell you that you are under a curse that has attached itself to your money, and the only way to break the curse is for you to liquidate every asset you have, pack the cash in sturdy cartons and mail it to my PO Box number. I will perform the necessary cleansing ritual. Some or all of your money might be destroyed in the process, but you don't want to live cursed all your life, now do you?