Election Day!

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Here in AZ the Rep candidate for Senate has conceded. We have our first Democrat Senator in 30 years. McSally, the Republican, is likely to be named to replace Kyl whenever he gives up McCain's seat, but I can live with that. Also, I believe, Sinema is our first female Senator. The Democrats running for Secretary of State (AKA Lt Gov) and Superintendent of Public Education also seem to be winning.

MM

This is excellent news.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Trump sad.

Multiple admin sources tell the LA Times that President Trump "has retreated into a cocoon of bitterness and resentment" since the midterms

The LA Times headline: Trump, stung by midterms and nervous about Mueller, retreats from traditional presidential duties

I also heard the NPR Paris bureau reporter say that in France, the talk is that Trump was upset that he wasn't the center of the Armistice Centenary observances, that Macron was seen to bring all the leaders together for that very visual and moving walk down the Champs-Élysées. His tweets rather support this conclusion.

Remember, Trump was expecting a parade in his honor this Veteran's Day, not to be a minor side piece in Europe's show.

I don't think I've ever known a bigger baby than Donald J. Trump.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
he is every incompetent, small minded, poorly read, selfish, entitled, ranting, blustering, ass hole boss that I have ever had. now we are going to watch him unravel and go down the drain. and then we will see who is really behind him. --s6

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
he is every incompetent, small minded, poorly read, selfish, entitled, ranting, blustering, ass hole boss that I have ever had. now we are going to watch him unravel and go down the drain. and then we will see who is really behind him. --s6

I worry that he's planning on getting us into a war or something. Anything to make him feel manly and strong again.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I worry that he's planning on getting us into a war or something. Anything to make him feel manly and strong again.

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't already. (My personal speculation is he'll blunder his way into a war to help one of his dictator buddies, most likely Putin, who will then turn around and bite him in the rear and leave America overstretched and exhausted and wide open for defeat and destruction with not a single ally to our name - and he won't even see it coming, because to him war is no more real than the rest of reality, which he's been buffered from his entire life. Heck, he'd probably walk away with a fat paycheck as our bones are being picked by the vultures... if there's any karma, straight into a Russian gulag, because what use is a traitor once there's nothing left to betray.)

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
What use is a traitor? His name can become a byword for 'traitor'. Like 'quisling' after WWII.
"He was 'trumped' - he sold our company to the competition, and they immediately fired him."

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Trump sad.

Multiple admin sources tell the LA Times that President Trump "has retreated into a cocoon of bitterness and resentment" since the midterms

The LA Times headline: Trump, stung by midterms and nervous about Mueller, retreats from traditional presidential duties

I also heard the NPR Paris bureau reporter say that in France, the talk is that Trump was upset that he wasn't the center of the Armistice Centenary observances, that Macron was seen to bring all the leaders together for that very visual and moving walk down the Champs-Élysées. His tweets rather support this conclusion.

Remember, Trump was expecting a parade in his honor this Veteran's Day, not to be a minor side piece in Europe's show.

I don't think I've ever known a bigger baby than Donald J. Trump.

Thoughts and prayers.

-cb

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Outbursts like this are often a prelude to big news about to be made public. Maybe today?

There are more indictments in Mueller's pipeline. Jr and Kushner, me bet.

It's in this context that Trump has to answer Mueller's questions. Talk about softening a target.

Shock and awe.

-cb

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Mississippi's run off election between Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R) and Mike Espy (D) not necessarily a slam-dunk for the incumbent.

Hyde-Smith has been recently recorded making blatantly racist and pro-voter-suppression "jokes".

Can One Mississippi pull an Alabama? (Sen. Doug Jones v. Roy Moore)

I hope so, but it does seem unlikely. But then, so was Jones in Alabama.

At least four campaign donors have now asked her to refund their money due to her remarks. (Walmart, Leidos, Union Pacific, Boston Scientific.)

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Someone dredged up 2014 photo from FB of her posing in a Confederate soldier's hat and musket with the caption, "Mississippi history at its best!""

*cue Maya Angelou quote* "When somebody tells you who they are, believe them the first time."

On a side-note, Hyde-Smith and Espy are "debating" tonight. (bolding below, mine)
Hyde-Smith required no live audience and no media be present at the debate.

With the honoring of Hyde-Smith's request, the debate, which begins at 7 p.m. local time, will feature only a moderator and panelists.

The debate is sponsored by Mississippi Farm Bureau. The top board members of the company have all donated to Hyde-Smith's campaign, the Jackson Free Press reported.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
So, only two people and a moderator? It's not a debate, it's the set up for an arm-wrestling match!

Last edited:

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
She is re-elected in Mississippi. That “debate” though, the content of her argument was mostly, “Trump supports me,” in a way that was less a debate than an advertisement for the upcoming rally. Television got used, in a way that was detrimental to democracy here. This was no debate.