• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Crazy Ink Publishing

Harlequin

Eat books, not brains!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunyidean.com
https://www.crazyink.org/about-us.html

Another dodgy small press; they're a dime a dozen, I realise, but reading through their About Us page I was struck by this passage in particular:

"Crazy Ink does not have an exclusivity contract. That is, authors are welcome to publish with as many other publishing companies as they see fit. At Crazy Ink, we believe in diversity for authors and encourage authors to try their work out in various places until they find a good fit for them. Never will authors be held to "conflict of interest" clauses that would force them to chose between publishers. At Crazy Ink, the only "rule" is to be yourself. We promise, once you give us a try, you will soon realize you've found your writing tribe."

Reading through more, I was actually uncertain whether they are an indie press, or just a service offering publishing packages for self-pubbers. Actually, I'm not sure the site owner knows, either; she seems confused on the concepts.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
They say they have quick turnarounds for editing. That gives me pause, because something like that shouldn't be rushed.

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
"Run by a therapist, Crazy Ink has a no tolerance policy for bullying of any kind. With Crazy Ink, authors who are supportive of one another work together in a tight family dynamic to help not only promote each other but to keep the words coming."

This alone would send me running in the opposite direction. (Put another way, it's a virtual guarantee that Crazy Ink lives up to its name.)

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Before I'd join something labelled 'like a family' I'd want to know what family they were like.
After all, both the Waltons and the Corleones were families. And neither of them were any great shakes as publishers.