Trump just admitted on Twitter that Russia stole the election

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Though if everything he says is a lie, does this mean they didn't meddle with the election?

JK, we know they did. Trump looooves these little slips, where he admits it's all a game to him and we're twisting in the wind trying to interpret him. Funny guy.

Last edited:

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
"Loose lips sink ships."

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Mueller is gonna have a field day.

-cb

ETA: Making sure the tweet doesn't go away as I have had difficulty fetching this tweet. This is what Trump wrote 03Nov@02:05PM

Rumor has it that Senator Joe Donnelly of Indiana is paying for Facebook ads for his so-called opponent on the libertarian ticket. Donnelly is trying to steal the election? Isn’t that what Russia did!?

Last edited:

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com

-cb

ETA: Making sure the tweet doesn't go away as I have had difficulty fetching this tweet. This is what Trump wrote 03Nov@02:05PM

No chance the tweet goes away. It's a pretty good bet that thousands (if not many more) took a screenshot (I did.)

I smile at the thought of the uproar in the White House when 45's staff discovered what he tweeted.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

-cb

I've got a screenshot of the tweet, as I'm sure many others have.

trump_Screen%20Shot%202018-11-04%20at%208.36.27%20AM.png

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I'm of two minds about that tweet. Trump is not at all bright, but he IS tenacious.

On the one hand, he is stupid enough, emotional enough, and impulsive enough to have slipped with that tweet and was indeed admitting Russia helped him.

On the other hand, for a while he and Fox—as well as a few other right-wing media outlets—tried to float the narrative that Russia did meddle, but it was to help Hillary Clinton, not him. At least some of his base hold to that view. I still hear it down here.

Upshot: It's that niggling word "trying" that keeps me wondering what he thinks he was saying. Thing is, with Trump you just don't know sometimes.

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
On the other hand, for a while he and Fox—as well as a few other right-wing media outlets—tried to float the narrative that Russia did meddle, but it was to help Hillary Clinton, not him.

That might be his line of thought when he wrote it. It's yet another tweet clusterfuck Sarah Huckabee-Sanders will have to mop up at the next WH press meeting. Or maybe she'll just say "the President's tweets speaks for themselves" with a monumental mental eye roll.

-cb

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Upshot: It's that niggling word "trying" that keeps me wondering what he thinks he was saying. Thing is, with Trump you just don't know sometimes.

Yeah. As much as I'd love this to be a nice solid nail in the coffin, there's no way this stands up as solid evidence.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
The man has few talents besides noxiousness and a posse that will abandon every scruple to support him, but his ability to create doubt around clear and obvious statements is a superpower.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
The man has few talents besides noxiousness and a posse that will abandon every scruple to support him, but his ability to create doubt around clear and obvious statements is a superpower.

Well, he's a weasel, yanno. I can't help but take that into consideration.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Well, he's a weasel, yanno. I can't help but take that into consideration.

Heh, I should say that HE makes the statement unclear, not that we're reading too much ambiguity into it. Though I often worry we do too much of that as well.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. As much as I'd love this to be a nice solid nail in the coffin, there's no way this stands up as solid evidence.

No, it's not evidence of anything beyond his inherent mendacity.

But I'm interested to see how it will be spun.

And of course the core message—propagating hearsay about a Democratic running for election is interesting; I haven't had a chance yet to look into that, but it's on my list.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i can see it both ways....
i guess it all depends on the mindset you have about trump when reading it....