Help with Libre Office. Page Numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.

I have what I consider a simple but pesky problem. I don't know how to add page numbers to a document in LibreOffice. What it does is place page number one on the first page, and then it doesn't put on the page numbers in the pages that follow. I need numbers on all my pages so that I know what page I'm on. When I had Microsoft Office Word, it would add page numbers to all pages automatically. I don't know why this one doesn't do the same thing.

May I get a little help? Thanks in advance
Maggie.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My pleasure.

Open your document. Click on Insert in the top row of commands. A drop-down box appears and near its bottom is Headers and Footers. Depending on where you want your page number to appear, pick one. (I'm working this as I write, even though it took a minute to find a multi-page document without numbers.) This gets you a flashing cursor in the place where your header or footer will appear.

I chose header. Since I like my headers to include my last name and the title, I typed in Surname, TITLE, and a blank space after the second comma. I clicked on Insert again and then on Page Number, near the bottom. Voila!

The fact that you're getting a page number only on page one suggests that you may have inserted a section break, whether you meant to or not. Headers can change from one section to the next, including not having any, so if there is a section break, whatever header you have before it will not carry over after that break.

Maryn, hoping that made sense

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much!! I clicked on header, then I clicked on page number, and moved the page number to the right-hand side. Now all my pages have page numbers. You are amazing! This is why I always come here, because you guys always help me.

Love
Maggie

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a total sucker for a happy ending. And a fairly low-tech person, so this worked out nicely for us both.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a total sucker for a happy ending. And a fairly low-tech person, so this worked out nicely for us both.

Yes, it did. You've helped me many times, so I'd say you know a lot. You are very intelligent and I appreciate you. :Thumbs:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, shucks!

Maryn, drawing a circle in the dirt with her toe

Status
Not open for further replies.