Noveling November - 500 words per day writing/editing - all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
October has been extremely busy work-wise, so I haven't been able to get any traction on anything. I did get to 9k of my antho story. I'm not sure I can get it finished and revised by 11/10, though.

Secret project, once again, fell by the wayside. I am doing a modified Nano of either 30k on a novel or x amount of hours of writing/editing. May work on the secret project.

My goals:

~Finish antho story, revise, and submit
~5 pages on the BEP
~Secret project for Nano?
~Continue setting up new website

And that's it. I'm already exhausted.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Hi Saoirse! I am late to the game again. :)

October was good, and then awful, and then over. For November, I am NaNoing my fourth series book - yes, again, but I'm writing it from scratch because for the last year I've had subplots and intrigues percolating in my head. Also, because it's fun. I've missed my people.

I also have some short story edits I need to deliver on Monday morning. Which was ambitious of me, wasn't it?

Happy November, everybody!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations everyone :hi:

Looks like everyone's October had accomplishments and hardships, just like a good novel :)
Best of luck for a productive November!

October was pretty good for me. I wrapped up book number one (a stand alone) and got it self-published. Maybe I'll do the agent thing for the next one now that I know how painstakingly long it can be.
I'm currently working on project 2; added about 1200 words this week bringing my total to just over 22k. I also joined NaNoWriMo with project 3, but I'm only about 800 words in so hitting 50k is not looking to promising.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
October wasn't bad. I began a new book, and I'm starting to get excited about the possibilities in it. I also wrote a very random short that needs some work to make it hang together.

This month I need to really get as much of a headstart on the new book as possible, and I'd still really like to keep up edits on the last book, because I'm seriously not done with that story (the new book has to take precedence since it counts for my uni course, and previously written work doesn't).

I'm not Nano-ing - I would be 8k behind already if I were! - but best of luck to anyone trying it. :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Keeping up with my NaNo numbers, but wow, I'm out of shape. I still want to rework that short story for my newsletter, but with only a week left, not sure it's gonna happen.

Also, SO MUCH EXPOSITION ARGH I NEED TO JUST BLOW SOMETHING UP.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
About three hundred words and a whole bunch of avoidant procrastination today. Meh. Must do better tomorrow.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
OSG - sometimes a little procrastination can open up a new avenue :)

I'm doing a read through on Project 2, seeing where to expand, do a little editing, etc. On the NaNo front I'm still, predictably, well behind the daily word count. I'm around 5.7k total words so far.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Progress is still progress!

I landed another VA client, so I've been busy getting things set up. And doing a big project for another client...no writing. :( I will try to get back on the antho story tomorrow.

I wanted to do Nano but it's not looking good right now. Maybe a late start.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I did not plan to have to do edits on a short story while I was trying to NaNo, but one can't always choose. The good news is I drafted the story's final scene this morning. The bad news is I now don't have the energy to revise it, and I told Editor Person I'd get it to them tomorrow.

I did get to watch NASA launch videos all morning, though! And did you know the air-to-ground communications transcript for the Apollo 17 mission is 2,461 pages long?

Once again, I find myself wishing writing burned calories, because damn, I'd be buff.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
This day was way more eventful than I wanted it to be, for reasons that had nothing to do with writing. But writing wise, I:

- wrote a new final scene for my short story and sent it to the story editor (I like it, but now the whole story is about 200 words too long, so I hope her axe is sharp)
- hit my daily NaNo quota
- made some notes on reorganizing the beginning of my NaNo book which of course won't happen until December
- drove my kid all over the state wait that's not words never mind.

Go, team! :e2cheer:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
More NaNo words today. I was going to push through to 25,000, but meh. Frankly, it's a miracle I got as far as I did today.

I don't think I'm going to get the short story revised for my newsletter, which means it'll pretty much be random nattering because I don't feel like I can really talk about the short I sold (don't know when it's going to print). And that makes me feel kinda bad, although it's not like I have a swarm of subscribers, but they subscribed and I want to at least offer them something.

And I have the query letter for the other MS lurking over me, and I'm feeling utterly hopeless about all of it.

Just a bad day, ya no?

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I feel you, Liz, on every bit of it. My antho story is officially late and all I could squeak out earlier was 134 words. Going take another crack at it in a few. My mother-in-law was, as usual, her usual hateful self so that was fun. But hey, I know how to talk about weather and plural constructions in Esperanto. Yay?

drofnas

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, checking in. I'm doing fairly well (I think) on a mystery/suspense novel I started writing in October. So far I'm at about 23,000 words in and averaging about 1,000 per day. I have some free time right now to dedicate to it so I usually work on it for 5-7 hours a day. Some days are rough and I can only get in maybe 400-500 words during those hours. I find myself going back and rewording things or stumbling over plot points in my head. On good days, I can let the story just flow out of me and can hit 2000. I'm hoping to wrap the first draft up by the end of December if everything goes to plan!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome drofnas! Sounds like you're doing really well! Good luck with getting that draft finished. :D

I finally, FINALLY finished the edits on my secret project! One step closer to publishing!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I swear I wrote a thing yesterday. This always happens when I get tired. Ugh.

Keeping up with NaNo. Published my newsletter on time! Did not publish my short story. Sigh.

Ah, well. One foot in front of the other.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Always, Liz, always. :D

My antho story is within 1-2k of being done. I wrote a record 1,652 words last night. All I need to do is finish the damn thing and start revisions. I'm having a meeting tonight with my co-conspirators which means we'll be deciding on a new deadline and release date.

Must work on the BEP b/c I haven't touch it once this month so far.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations, glad to see everyone moving forward. Approaching the halfway point for November, keep up the good work.
drofnas - Nice job, best of luck with it.

Slow and steady progress for me. Project 2 is coming along, but has slowed up a little since I'm trying out NaNo. Which brings us to Project 3, the NaNo project, where my word count is about half what it should be, but all things considered I'm not going to kick myself about it.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
What I seem to be doing with NaNo is writing the story the wrong way so I can figure out how to write it the right way. Revisions are going to be fun.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Liz - I've done that many times. Always brutal, but it always works out in the end. :D

Zan75 - No kicking allowed! You're doing really well.

My antho story is done. Now revisions.

I officially started working with VA client #3 yesterday and didn't have time to write. Today it's ALL THE REVISIONS EVER.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Hope your revisions went well, Saoirse!

I have passed 45K on NaNo. I've been planning to set the MS aside when I hit 50K to work on this short story I have...but I'm sort of starting to get into it now. I guess I should be glad I have too many ideas. :D

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Howdy y'all! :hi:

It's been awhile so I just wanted to say HI and check in. I got divorced and VERY busy for a while supporting the kids, but then sent my baby off to college in Sept. Hated my new job because I had to work so much I couldn't write--so I gave notice October 1 and have been writing full time freelance since Nov. 4. I may starve, but will be writing, just kidding. The jobs have been great.

And yes, I'm finishing revisions on The Paradox Heist that I left off 2 years ago. At least 3000 words last week on other stories.

Best to all,
Lucie