Noveling November - 500 words per day writing/editing - all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
wonder! :hooray: So happy to see you back! :hooray:

So, I hit 50K today, and am feeling the usual open-ended feeling I get when I finish something. I need now to think about what to do next. Possibilities:

- Make notes on what I've written and brainstorm some of the missing pieces
- Write more bits of the story (this has to happen eventually, of course)
- Work on that other short story I was writing
- Deal with the query letter for the completed MS

Tonight I'll probably just watch some TV, and tomorrow will be swallowed in part by holiday prep (Thanksgiving at our house, which is both nice and oh so stressful), but I need to do some thinking about this.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Lucie - Best of luck with your freelancing, love the picture of your clock by the way

Liz - Awesome job! :partyguy: Congrats!!

I'm writing pretty much everyday on NaNo. Not much, a few hundred words, but even that has helped open some new avenues in the Project 3. It pretty much the same for Project 2.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you celebrating the holiday! (Happy Thursday to everyone else)

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Lucie - Glad to hear from you and I am excited that you're writing again!

Liz - Congrats on 50k!

Zan75 - Nice work on Nano!

So I ended up sicky yesterday so it wasn't the best time. However, the food was awesome as usual and my in-laws behaved so it was a win.

I'm down to two days and halfway through my antho story revision.

I also sent my secret project off to the proofreader. Shooting for a Dec. 15th or so release date.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Working on my query letter for Finished MS and I know nobody's making me do this but goodness gracious it's all so discouraging sometimes.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Nice work, Lucie!

Big hugs and a glass of wine to you, Liz. It sure can be.

Well...I'm almost ready to publish the secret project. It's been proofread. I'm working on a blurb with the proofreader (it's one of her services). I'm going to be lining up ARC readers. I have to write the front and back matter. And then pull the trigger. So close!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Insanely busy day, but I did get some time to work on my query letter.

My biggest problem is that when I try to write the letter I write about the plot, but when I make a list of the important story points they’re all character-focused. I AM WRITING THE WRONG QUERY LETTER but it’s fine it’s fine it’s totally fine I’ll get it in editing.

Argh.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Liz, I so feel for you. Queries are hard, hard. Did you ever see the Query Mad Lib? It helped my first query.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. Just 325 new words on an article today. Revised a chapter. I should be writing a new query too, but doubt I'll do that tonight.

Take care everyone,
Lucie

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Wow, Lucie - you've got a lot of irons in the fire! That's excellent! :e2cheer:

I swear I'm not trying to be a big baby about it but GAH this query letter is destroying me, and I know it's a thing that must be done but I've been trying for two days now to figure out how to start it and I am getting NOWHERE.

I sort of have a final paragraph, but every time I reread it, it gets worse.

I just need something worthy of the squirrels at QLH. And I've got...NOTHING.

:gaah

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm struggling to write an academic essay - the first I've done in over 15 years - so I'm desperate for distractions. Even query letters sound like fun right now.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
OSG - If query letters sound fun then academic essays must be true nightmares :)

LIZ - You'll get it. Each draft points you a little bit more in the direction you want to go.

LUCIE - I see you'll still on fire! Keep it up, I'm jealous :tongue

SAOIRSE - Sounds like this is a big month of success for you. Congrats.

I'm still plugging away on Project 2 & 3. I crossed the 15K word mark today on Nano and have kept my daily average above 500 words. Even if I'm well short of the 50K, I'll consider it a successful first try. It was an interesting and entertaining experiment. Now that NaNo is about to end I've been shifting my focus back to Proj 2.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Erin? Publishing? SECRET PROJECT? Tell me more.

Nice work, Lucie!

Well...I'm almost ready to publish the secret project. It's been proofread. I'm working on a blurb with the proofreader (it's one of her services). I'm going to be lining up ARC readers. I have to write the front and back matter. And then pull the trigger. So close!

Nothing that exciting here. But I did get a note from the editor of the BIG article that will be out in Feb. She wants to work with me again! :hooray: and I'm thrilled. Other than noveling, writing for art magazines is my fave. It's just nice to make it into one that pays well.

I was a lazy butt today but got pushed into writing by my online biography class. (Free one. PM if you want info.) 600 words on a biographical nature article to post for critique there

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
:cheers all progress and hugs for everything else:

Lucie - It's nonfiction, a productivity guide for people with chronic illnesses. It's been a labor of love for me. It's been delayed so many times, and I am determined to release it this month. :D

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congrats on that. Let us know, of course. We'll want to support the release. And consider a Thunderclap. I did one for Veils and it really did great .

I have a new writing client starting tomorrow, if it works out. Perhaps as a result I'm having a crisis of inspiration today. Totally being LAZY.

No words yet, but maybe later.