Cover of Suzanne Palmer's book Finder

AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: November 1st is National Authors Day in the U.S.

Threaded View

In the vast expanse of center field Larry M's Avatar
    As with Ari, I also have many favorites. It was Robert Ludlum though, who inspired me to try to write a thriller (my first book and the only novel I have written.)

My first Ludlum book was 'The Holcroft Covenant,' - his tenth book, and an expertly written thriller that kept me eagerly turning the pages.

Wondering if he could possibly be this good in more than one book, I bought his first, 'The Scarlatti Inheritance,' and yes, it was also a page turner.

Then after a few more, all excellent, including the outstanding 'The Bourne Identity,' I read what I think is Ludlum's finest work: 'The Parsifal Mosaic.'

This book was (sorry for the cliche), absolutely riveting. His story had me holding my breath for pages at a time, stopping to remind myself to take a damn breath. I remember thinking, holy crap, how can he keep up this pace? And he did, in what is IMO, one of the greatest thrillers ever written. It is a superb story, and an exceptional read.

All told, Ludlum wrote 27 thriller novels, and I've read all of them.

He died in 2001 - DAMMIT, man, how could you DIE and leave us with only 27 exceptional books!

RIP to a supremely talented man who had a knack for spinning fantastic twists, turns, and unexpected plots.
    Last edited by Larry M; 11-01-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    Larry

I teach, tweet, blog, & blog, write books, run a forum, ...