On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Installed Mojave last week. Now when I boot I get a popup which says:

"Infinite HD" wants access to control "System Events". Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in "System Events", and to perform actions within that app.

I click "Don't Allow" every time, and the popup returns each time I boot. I went on the Mac forums and saw many users with the same question. Mac experts blithely ignored the question, as usual. I looked for it to uninstall it, but no luck. One user found it in Login Items but only to click it not to open automatically on login--except I checked the box and still get the popup. So did others in the discussion thread.

I don't know where it's hidden in the OS, and that kind of rooting around in the Mac's guts is above my pay grade. Does anyone know where this is hidden and if it's uninstallable? Thanks.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect that it's been on your Mac for sometime but the security changes in Mojave basically reported on it.

Some more info:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7692169

It sounds like the actual app is in your user library:

The path is HD/Users/me/Library/Octoshape/Infinite HD where me= Your User name.

Go to your Desktop.
Hold down the Option key and look in the Go menu while you hold down Option, you should see Library listed
Select Library
See if you see the actual Infinite HD app.

I would move it somewhere else; I wouldn't delete it yet, but I would move it.

I would also remove it from your Login items (these items are set to run at startup). See this:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/add-remove-delay-startup-items-mac/

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
:roll:

I didn't know about holding down Option to access the Library. No wonder I couldn't find Octoshape before.

I moved Octoshape to a folder in Documents, and I used the minus sign trick to remove Infinite HD from Login Items. When I restarted, the popup didn't appear!

Goddess status confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.