Googling authors' age makes me feel old ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pampurrs

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorpamanders.com
I don't know if this makes any difference, but my first two books (small humor books) published when I was in my 30s. I was 61 when I published my next book, and 69 when my most recent came out. I figure, now that I'm approaching middle age, I'm at the peak of my writing career.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Recently I've started to pay attention to the authors' pictures on the back cover of the books I read. They all look so young! So I googled their age. Most of them are either in their 20s or early 30s. Considering I'm already in my early 40s and haven't had a single book published, it makes me feel really old.

I know, I know, it's kinda silly. Still ...

If you are like me, how do you feel?

I just turned 29 and I already feel old sometimes. Probably just because since I was a teenager I always wanted to be published as soon as possible. Realistically, I know I’m still young and I still have a lot of time left. And I’m happy I wasn’t published earlier. While I think my writing was good enoug, I wasn’t the right person yet.

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I would browse a 50 over 50 list with great interest. Especially such a list of women authors.

I’m following up on myself to share this article I came across today: 20 Debut Works of Fiction by Women Over 40. It’s an all-time list, not an exclusively modern one (i.e., it begins with George Eliot), but it’s still an interesting collection!

:e2coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.