Jacob Wohl is not very smart

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The pro-Trump conspiracy guy who spends most of his time bashing Liberals and promoting trump is in trouble.

He forgot that when committing obstruction of justice by helping to concoct a scam targeting Robert Mueller, you should probably not leave a trail back to yourself.

Mueller refers sex assault scheme targeting him to FBI for investigation.

You have to laugh at the sheer stupidity of leaving evidence that directly connects you to a crime.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Oh boy, this story is hitting everywhere.

Frustrating that people like this get an easy paycheck due solely to their awfulness, incompetence, and lack of scruple. Hopefully this kind of stupidity will get him thinned from RW herd, but I guess there's always a place for a certain kind of creep.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Wasn't this about the same time, relatively speaking, that the e-mail "bombshell" dropped in 2016, prompting too many people to throw up their hands and not bother voting? What a coinkydink...

I really, really hope that this - even if it got referred straight to the FBI even as it tried to break - doesn't do the same thing. I want to believe that we as a nation have learned better by now, than to let last-minute distractions convince us into giving up. But I can't shake the fear that enough people will, once again, take this as a sign that "nobody can be trusted" that they'll just shrug off our last chance to, if not completely derail, then at least slow down the rocket train to Hell the country's been on for two years...

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
No, this story is happening right now.

I mean that, about the Thursday or Friday before the 2016 primaries, a "bombshell" news report dropped, which significantly affected the outcome of the coming election.

Once again, we're about a week out from a major election, and a "bombshell" drops - or attempts to drop.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I mean that, about the Thursday or Friday before the 2016 primaries, a "bombshell" news report dropped, which significantly affected the outcome of the coming election.

Once again, we're about a week out from a major election, and a "bombshell" drops - or attempts to drop.

Oh, I see what you’re saying.

fuegoinink

Registered
Reaction score

A tried and true tactic unfortunately. The question is...will we be duped yet again?

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
For those who aren't following the story, (referred to on Twitter as "#Morongate") and/or haven't read about it, here's a summary:

Jack Burkman, Republican lobbyist and involved in the Seth Rich conspiracy theory, allegedly tried to offer some female law professor who once worked with Mueller, $20,000 cash, and to pay off her credit card debt if she would accuse Mueller of assault and rape.

Part of Burkman's claim involves a company referred to as Surefire Intelligence.

Someone investigated this "company" and discovered that it appears to have been Wohl who created the website, using his own e-mail address, and the phone number traced back to his own mother.

Wohl claimed, and still does, despite this damning evidence, that he is not involved with Surefire.

Further investigation showed that the "officers" and/or employees of Surefire Intelligence do not exist. Wohl appears to have used random pictures from the Internet as the photos of Surefire's supposed employees. (One is a model, another is an actor - none of them "work" for Surefire.) Surefire's website indicates that this actor is a former Mossad agent.

And so, the whole thing is obviously a fake - a POORLY designed attempt to accuse Mueller.

More on #Morongate (notice what I did there?) MAGA Trolls' Efforts to Take Down Robert Mueller Flame Out in Hilarious and Spectacular Fashion.

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, the Actual Truth in this matter will bounce off the thick armor of pure moronium that 45’s supporters wear. Actual Truth is Fake News to them. The fact that the FBI has been asked investigate is clear evidence of the Deep State Conspiracy against conservatives. Etc.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sadly, the Actual Truth in this matter will bounce off the thick armor of pure moronium that 45’s supporters wear. Actual Truth is Fake News to them. The fact that the FBI has been asked investigate is clear evidence of the Deep State Conspiracy against conservatives. Etc.

Well, the diehards are a lost cause anyway. I'm hoping against hope that the rest of the voters - the ones who were influenced at the last minute to give up and not vote at all last time - consider this a nonevent.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Further investigation showed that the "officers" and/or employees of Surefire Intelligence do not exist. Wohl appears to have used random pictures from the Internet as the photos of Surefire's supposed employees. (One is a model, another is an actor - none of them "work" for Surefire.) Surefire's website indicates that this actor is a former Mossad agent.

Well, did you see him in Inglorious Basterds? He was a pretty vicious questioner. That they chose a German actor who famously portrayed a Nazi is, in and of itself, a hilarious indictment of the brains of the scheme. "OH! HEY! I remember this guy who played a Nazi in the movies. Let's use HIM, but make him an Israeli agent! Get it? GET IT?"

Poor Christoph Waltz, to be associated against his will with such a bunch of buffoons.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Well, did you see him in Inglorious Basterds? He was a pretty vicious questioner. That they chose a German actor who famously portrayed a Nazi is, in and of itself, a hilarious indictment of the brains of the scheme. "OH! HEY! I remember this guy who played a Nazi in the movies. Let's use HIM, but make him an Israeli agent! Get it? GET IT?"

Poor Christoph Waltz, to be associated against his will with such a bunch of buffoons.

I did not make that connection. That's even funnier buffoonery!

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
It adds to the stupidity that at least one of the women he attempted to bribe, Professor Jennifer Taub from the Vermont School of Law, had never had any direct contact at all, professional or otherwise, with Robert Mueller, although she has appeared as a CNN expert commentator regarding the Mueller probe on several occasions. He tried to suborn perjury against Mueller from a CNN commentator. I had to repeat that in order to believe it. #Morongate, indeed.

Thomas Vail

What?
Registered
Reaction score
You got to remember that this is the same genius who, last year as I vaguely recall, made a plea bargain that pretty much bans him from working with money for life, from just how flagrantly and how many laws he broke while trying to be a wunderkid hedge fund manager.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
The fact this bunch of dipshits ever got this far makes me question if you should drop the "land of opportunity" slogan. It's backfiring.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Wait... they used his image without his permission? He and his management people should sue! Especially as he can't possibly want to be associated with this idiocy!
Go get'em Mr. Waltz!

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
The very pathetic trouble is that this is what a large number of social conservatives tell me they think #metoo is: [women + lies + money].

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
It adds to the stupidity that at least one of the women he attempted to bribe, Professor Jennifer Taub from the Vermont School of Law, had never had any direct contact at all, professional or otherwise, with Robert Mueller, although she has appeared as a CNN expert commentator regarding the Mueller probe on several occasions. He tried to suborn perjury against Mueller from a CNN commentator. I had to repeat that in order to believe it. #Morongate, indeed.

And on the date they wanted one of the women to say it happened (I thought it was Ms. Taub, but I'm not certain), Robert Mueller was on jury duty in California. Super Surefire Investigators, indeed. :ROFL:

Oh, and I just found out the supermodel in one of the other photos is Bar Rafeli (an authentic Israeli citizen, so that's a step up) who used to date Leonardo DiCaprio, who stared in a different Tarantino movie, also staring Waltz, and it's allllllllllllllll coming together, now.

Jules and Vincent might be visiting soon, if Jacob isn't careful.

Last edited:

Technophobe

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard about this anywhere except twitter, and even then it's all been everyone laughing at what a dipshit this guy is.
'

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
The very pathetic trouble is that this is what a large number of social conservatives tell me they think #metoo is: [women + lies + money].

Of course. That's why they decided to try it themselves. The scam works sooo well, right?
They're probably baffled as to why it just isn't working like they expected.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(referred to on Twitter as "#Morongate")
:roll:

It's everywhere but not getting any traction. 'Too fake' comes to mind.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
In the old days, when the country seemed to make some kind of sense, I worried about an extreme right-wing takeover. But I always thought the villains would have to be brilliant, charismatic, and sophisticated, able to persuade people by clever arguments. No; lots of them are idiots. I forgot: they don't have to be smarter than smart voters, they only have to be smarter than the dumbest 40-something percent of voters, thanks to gerrymandered districts and the Electoral College.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
In the old days, when the country seemed to make some kind of sense, I worried about an extreme right-wing takeover. But I always thought the villains would have to be brilliant, charismatic, and sophisticated, able to persuade people by clever arguments. No; lots of them are idiots. I forgot: they don't have to be smarter than smart voters, they only have to be smarter than the dumbest 40-something percent of voters, thanks to gerrymandered districts and the Electoral College.

Agreed.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Wohl and Burkman tripled down on the stupid by holding a press conference today at a Washington, D.C. Holiday Inn. Their "star" witness failed to show up. This is the perfect example of how stupid people keep digging a deeper hole when outed as frauds.

Among other idiotic things about this story: when informed that Robert Mueller was thousands of miles away (edit: apparently only a few hundred miles) at jury duty on the day Wohl and Burkman's "witness" alleges that Mueller raped her, Wohl told reporters that Mueller was in the two places at the same time.

Wohl's "witness" also appears to have enlisted Surefire Intelligence (a company whose employees do not exist), BEFORE the company began.

So yea, their shit show continues...

The tweet thread is from Caroline O.

Last edited:

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Also, Burkman's fly was open the whole time. I thought at first someone on Twitter was using it as a metaphor, but apparently, no. It really was open. :e2smack: