Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Talk about way to keep at it, Cindy. Congrats on the 125 & everything

Congrats on the 1000 April

Congrats on the 475, Moon

& congrats on the 359, Ptero

Day 29

overslept again. seems to be a new thing…

WIP - 1/4 page (& was really tempted to bail…)

R/SC - earning service; pumped up my other bike to run erranz because my main bike broke (drive train - gonna be a pretty little penny to replace) - got a long light bulb and stamps before things closed, and put the Dreaded paperwork IN THE MAIL!

$$ - bit of research

very tired. Almost went to bed without posting this, too...

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I missed Gough! Nice work on those 1217 & hope you had fun with the new POV :)

mwatchornbooks

Registered
Reaction score
Keep going, guys! You can do it! :hooray:

I finished drafting my latest WIP a few days ago. It's my second MS. It feels unreal since I finished it in three months after my first MS took me five years. My first MS taught me SO MUCH about myself and the drafting methods that work for me. Couldn't do it without my amazing betas and CPs! Now, I'm setting my second MS aside so I can finish revising my first. Keeping up with the November momentum to write every day!

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Taylor: So, if you’re struggling to find the right words for dialogue, you could move some into the narration, like ‘Jimmy pointed out the flaws in Jane’s argument, and Jane told him where to stick it’, rather than having them say everything directly.

SecondMoon: I have to force myself most days :) Good job!

Pterofan: Woo for drafting and revising :)

WGough: So, do medieval wines sound better than modern ones? I like a Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir, myself.

Layla: Well done for not bailing! Glad the Dreaded paperwork is out of the house :)

mwatchornbooks: Wow, congratulations, that’s a fantastic achievement! :partyguy:

I wrote 1000 words in my main project yesterday and today (woo!) and I’m feeling back in the groove. Whenever I’m stuck, a daily 1k target seems to get me moving again … So the question is this: why don’t I do that all the flippin’ time?!

Day 29: Decent bit; 6 miles; Magnifico-o-o-o

Day 30: Decent bit; 2 miles; Fantastic Waste of Time: Crimes of Cinema

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 29 - 266

My book's out! I wanted to use the cover as my avatar but the art wouldn't load -- too big. I don't think they sent me a smaller version. Everything's on the "new blog" link in my sig. Please don't ban me for inappropriate promo.

And I flunked out of NaNoWriMo, so anyone else who didn't make it, you are not alone. Those who did make it, bananas all around! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 29

I polished several chapters, but took the day off on drafting.

Layla - Writing non fiction--information resource websites and my memoirs--unleashed me.

Last edited:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Day 30: 149 words

My total for November is... 14,181

That means I averaged 427-ish words a day.

The total looked good until I found the average. I was really striving for 500 or more words a day on average.

But I'm glad I broke the 10,000 word count total!

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Day 30- Probably nothing, will update later if I do do something.

November's total

Edited: 28 pages
Wrote: 3141

The end of the year is hard for me to write with so many things going on.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Day 30
WIP 1/2 page.

Did the other stuff.

Congrats everybody, on a great and wordful month! On to December :)

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 30
Well, it's the last day of the month, and I am feeling bleh. Revised around 300 words of a scene that needs a major overhaul. Was hoping to get through the midpoint of Act II, but it ain't happening.

First mistake of the day, listened to a podcast in which Courtney Milan discussed the Kishōtenketsu narrative structure and lack of a "black moment" (considered a romance genre must by some) in Yuri on Ice. So, guess what I did instead of revising.

Layla: Miss you, too! :roll:

mwatchornbooks: :partyguy: Awesome job! Best of luck revising.

starrystorm: Nice work!

April: So glad you found your groove. No, medieval wines do not sound better. Hippocras - mulled, spiced wine, usually to mask the sourness. Lots of young wines, watered down wines. There was a Battle of Wines, La Bataille des Vins, a 13th century poem in which a priest judges the different regions. He names Champagne "Sir Fart," in typical medieval fashion. Here's a link if you're so inclined. https://vinepair.com/articles/battle-wines-medieval-europe/

Pterofan: Congratulations! So happy for you.

Cindyt: Today was not the day. I'm with ya.

The Second Moon: Congrats!

Back to Yuri. See y'all over on the December thread. Have a great weekend, folks!

Last edited:

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 30

Draft - 165

Polished - I renamed my drug kingpin and his cartel.

Research - Towns in Columbia, drug cartels.

WGough - No, it wasn’t. I was sick. Ew. It’s been something every damn day for about three days. At least I did get some draft done today. Hoping things pick up.

Good job, Everybody! See you next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.