'Good Omens' on Amazon?

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertain...know-so-far/ar-BBOUwJw?li=BBx8Plw&OCID=FIRPLC

The Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett book, with Neil Gaiman in charge. The only part that worries me is that Gaiman is talking about adding material that wasn't in the book, that he had planned for a sequel that never happened. I loved that book, just the way it was!
On the other hand, David Tennant as Crowley! And I have to wait for it to finish on Amazon, go to the BBC and then be shown on some sort of PBS in Canada.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
SQUEEEE~!!!!!

Finally, something else to watch on Amazon besides the Grand Tour! (that's relevant to my interests)

thehansell

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know about the new material part. That is interesting. I think I trust Gaiman to get it right though. Adaptation to TV or film is sometimes hard because what works on the page doesn't always work as well on screen without a bit of tweaking.

I'm quite excited about the TV version of Terry Pratchett's Watch books that's supposedly in the pipeline. But some of what makes Pratchett great are the little asides and glimpses into characters' thought process. I'm 100% certain adapting that effectively is beyond my own abilities as a writer.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know about the new material part. That is interesting. I think I trust Gaiman to get it right though. Adaptation to TV or film is sometimes hard because what works on the page doesn't always work as well on screen without a bit of tweaking.

I'm quite excited about the TV version of Terry Pratchett's Watch books that's supposedly in the pipeline. But some of what makes Pratchett great are the little asides and glimpses into characters' thought process. I'm 100% certain adapting that effectively is beyond my own abilities as a writer.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff on the page that doesn't translate well to the visual. Audiobooks could be more faithful.

On the other hand, 'Good Omens' is a take-off of those 'demon child' movies, especially 'The Omen', so enough people may understand the references, and the nature of the changes, that they won't need everything spelled out.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not worried about changes being negative. Gaiman made some changes to the American Gods TV adaptation, and season one was phenomenal. I'm sure any changes he makes to Good Omens will be of the same quality

I hadn't heard of the Watch TV show! that's so exciting! it was always my favourite series