Manifest

Arden

Happy to be here!
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone watched this? I've been recording it since the new fall season started but I have yet to work up the enthusiasm to watch it and to commit myself to another show. If it's good (good enough), I will plunk myself down and give it a go but I've been disappointed the last couple of years with some of the new programming with a supernatural (if that's what this is?) angle. I'd love to be wowed rather than, well, not.

If anybody can give it a strong Yay! (or Nay!), I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks!:Sun:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Me and my daughter have been watching it. It's okay. She's away at school so we watch it seperately. I asked her after the 4th episode, I don't know, what do you think? She said she still likes it. But I feel like they need to unravel things a little more, about where the plane was for 5 years. It's interesting that the characters have these premonitions, but again, the over-all plot, I wish they get into more. It's already going on the 5th episode and they haven't mentioned it at all.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
kinda interested in this as well. from what i've read about it...this is kinda like a alternate version of the 4400.

@ undercover... do they only have premonitions? or do they have other powers as well???

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Been watching it from the beginning, and while it's not a "WOW," it has held my interest (so far)…

SPOILER BELOW:

The female lead just doesn't come across as a hard-nosed Detective to me. :Shrug:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like it. I am worried though, that it's going to end up like Lost and Twin Peaks, all sorts of intrigue and then it peters out in the middle and has a less than satisfying ending.

Arden

Happy to be here!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, everybody. Your comments have convinced me that it's worth giving MANIFEST a shot, but not to get my hopes up too much.

Much appreciated!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
My kiddo (who is 10) has been watching it. It has really god-awful writing to the point I have to leave the room, but he seems to enjoy it. So... YMMV.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
kinda interested in this as well. from what i've read about it...this is kinda like a alternate version of the 4400.

@ undercover... do they only have premonitions? or do they have other powers as well???

As far as I know, its just premonitions. No special powers or anything. Not yet at least.

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far, I'm willing to keep following it. The characters seem to have reasonable reactions to things, and they've avoided some of the obvious cliches.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I just get really frustrated by the repeated plot points that revolve around "I will pitch a fit unless I'm allowed to do this ridiculous thing that's obviously stupid." And accompanying very bad dialogue. I can't get my brain to tune it out.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still watching...

Not because I love it, but because I wanna see where they're taking it, and the only character I really like is the little boy. :Shrug:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want to know what happens too, but the government conspiracy theory trope kind of ruined it at this point. I await story redemption.

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, like everyone else I'm still hanging in there. It's okay but needs a serious boot in the backside.

Arden

Happy to be here!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've watched the series up to this point. I want to thank those of you who weighed in and recommended it, with reservations. It IS one of those series that you keep tuning into to see what happens next, or how they're eventually going to explain it all. Without your nudging I wouldn't have watched past the first episode when....

(SPOILER ALERT)

...the plane exploded of its own accord. The fact that it self-destructed (or whatever) didn't bother me, but THE FACT THAT THIS IMMENSELY IMPORTANT PLANE WAS LEFT SITTING OUTSIDE. Oh, yeah, right. Like that plane wouldn't have been inside of a hangar with a platoon or armed guards and a high-tech security system.

I do love the little boy... but the rest of the characters, particularly the leads, are pretty self-absorbed.

So, I will keep watching until at least the end of this season to see where they are going with the storyline.

So thanks, all!

Arden

Happy to be here!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it will get a second season, do you?

I can't imagine a second season... unless they don't reveal what happened to the plane in the first place. That's always possible.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
^ I agree - It's not like any of us have said we really like the main characters - Except for the little boy - And I can't even recall his name. :Shrug:

Singcali

Registered
Reaction score
Watched 4 episodes so far. Not bad. Still have the rest on record. Just hope it won't be another Lost. The ending for that was so lame.