Historical Novel set in Poland

donnag

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I speak almost NO Polish, but am one half Polish by descent. I traveled to Poland in 2016 to meet my "lost" cousins and there I discovered an amazing story set in WWII that is my WIP. It is with a few BETA readers now. The Polish community has been so helpful and I was connected with historians, three priests, private tours, etc. when I returned to research in May 2018. They are really excited for the true story to be written in English!

Donna

Gaston

Registered
Reaction score
I am partly Polish, and would be curious to hear more about it, if that's any help.

Gaston

autumnleaf

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
One of my brothers married a Polish woman and I took the opportunity to travel around the country when I was going to their wedding. My reading matter for the trip was Norman Davies' Heart of Europe: The Past in Poland's Present, which was a very brief intro to Polish history but left me with a desire for more. The shadow of WW2 hangs over much of mainland Europe, but Poland in particular. It sounds like you have amazing resources at hand for this story.

My brother speaks Polish and his children are bilingual. It seems like a tough language to learn. I only know "thank you" and "excuse me" and "can you speak English?" and I think I was pronouncing them wrong!