Write or Wrong Ways to Publication

Chaki1718

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings :)

You may call me Kip.

I write to live and live to write and hope to write for a living.

The journey has been daunting and treacherous and I have grown and fallen even more intimately entangled with the life of a writer.

It is a dystopian YA Fantasy novel. Five years of birthing my manuscript baby has me beaming with pride.
But now, I want you to tear it apart. Rip it to shreds until it is reborn into the best possible version of itself.

While on this forum, I want to polish it like a stone with the help of critique partner or Beta.
I am here to read and critique your work too. That's how I will improve as a writer.

I love romance, lust for erotica, fantasize about my next fantasy, and get angsty without my regular dose of YA.

My journey is one toward publishing my very first novel and becoming an author.

Going it alone is never as much fun as having a community to help along the way so let's be friends. :)
I invite you to approach me with a greeting or question or advise.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Good to have you here, Kip. :) Good luck with the next stage!

Titus

Registered
Reaction score
Great luck. I hope this site helps you polish your manuscript. Never give up.

Chaki1718

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Denevius! I'm glad to be making some head way with this mammoth community.
Are you an active member or a newbie like me?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Chaki1718

Registered
Reaction score
Rchapman1, I couldn't agree more about my ego. It's so delicate but I know I must develop a thick skin to improve. Of course, unhelpfully unkind criticism can be ignored but supportive and helpful even if hard to hear suggestions are a must. I'm sure the community will try to be gentle with me. Are you working on a manuscript?

Chaki1718

Registered
Reaction score
Appreciate the information and welcome, Reddog :) I will utilize the tools on here!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Fallen, your post is encouraging. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you CindyB!