DramaFever is gone

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
DramaFever, which had been a great streaming service for Korean and Chinese dramas, shut down without notice on Monday. All the content is gone. The streaming apps are dead. The website just posts a goodbye screen. The YouTube channel has been wiped.

Why? The corporate owners (Warner Bros.) blame "business reasons," and point to competition in the K-drama space from Netflix & Hulu, & the rising cost of licenses. They've laid off some of their employees, but kept most to work with other WB digital endeavors, so for once it wasn't just a move to cut headcount.

They say subscribers will get refunds. I'm not holding my breath. So far they haven't even sent subscribers an email announcing the closure.

:cry:

Most of the shows I had in my watchlist are also available at Viki.com, so I'm not personally suffering much. But I think it's a shabby way to behave. DramaFever had been a going concern with an active fan community since 2009, and as late as this weekend there were no hints a move like this was in the wind.

Last edited: