Social networks + Patreon combo in order to deliver the book faster?

AnxietyLord

Registered
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
@Filigree, that's interesting. I also notice myself doing that. I think I'll do fine though. Because, in theory, you can always keep revisiting the book and changing it, but you must convince yourself to stop at one point. Having some parts released as a serial sounds like a good motivation to stop revisiting the book [:

Thanks again for all your comments! My revisited plan now is:
- Release it the way I've planned it on Instagram aaand
- Release it in series on other platforms like Wattpad or Tapas, where people are used to reading serials.
- After the whole story is released there serially (that will take more than a year), I'm publishing that as a novel.

I think this is a better balance now. Yes, on IG people aren't used to reading fiction. However, apparently, nobody published there before, so I might get some attention just because of utilizing new format. On Wattpad/Tapas there are readers who are expecting stories like the one I'm preparing right now, so there I'll get most of the readers. And finally, for those who don't like serials, a book will be released in the end.

I disagree with the doctor/chef analogy. They have exams and grades. If they pass them - they're professionals and they will produce good result, which people expect from them. Writers and other creatives? They don't have that. They can have 3 degrees and yet produce garbage. I believe that feedback from endusers is the king here. You might persuade yourself "oh I'm writing a genius novel!" and spend 5 years on it and produce colourful toilet paper while you could have gotten some sort of early feedback and improved on year 1 and written something worth reading.

The question is to how properly get early feedback from endusers though. I think that releasing a book as a series and then re-editing it for a novel sounds like a plan.

Also, what worked in the past doesn't guarantee to continue working now for obvious reasons. Obviously, I might return to this forum full of tears in 2 years, but we'll see [: