• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta for 4000-Word Paranormal/Literary Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedwig

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinetweedle.com
Hi All,

I have a short story that's just a little too long to post to the SYW boards that I'd love some comprehensive feedback on.

It's a first-person literary/paranormal short story just under 4,000 words. The paranormal portion is somewhat tame.

I am particularly having difficulty when it comes to garnering sympathy for my main character, and it would seem that my plot elements, even though they do work together, do not seem cohesive to my readers so far.

I would prefer a partner who could provide feedback in the next couple of days, since I'd like to have it polished to submit to a contest by this Sunday. I am also not averse to multiple critiquers :) If you have a short story you'd like feedback on, I'd be willing to swap. I have to decline novel-length pieces since I'm beta-reading one already.

As far as credentials, I'll take anything, but if you've published a short story or two, that would give me added confidence.

Thanks, all!

mselephant2015

Registered
Reaction score
I'll give it a look-over if you like. I, too, have had difficulties garnering sympathy for the MC so I feel your pain there and I'm happy to help. Drop me a PM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.