Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder, has died

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Perhaps this is more important in Seattle than elsewhere, but Paul Allen was a true visionary. Beyond Microsoft, which he left relatively early in life of the company, his fingerprints are spread far and wide over, the tech world, the philanthropic world, and the sports world. Not to mention his remaking of two under-utilized areas of the city of Seattle.

He recently transformed the museum he founded here, the IMP, to the MoPOP, housing collections of guitars, generations of computer game consoles, Star Wars costumes and memorabilia, and other items of Pop Culture significance.

Beyond that, he founded a project to help map the human genome, was a key contributor to environmental efforts including shark counts and the plight of elephants in the wild, backed space-flight ventures, funded library endowments, and he was the largest private donor to fighting the Ebola virus.

I could go on and on. It's really, really a loss that will echo around the globe.

May his family find peace knowing how much he contributed to the effort to move humanity forward in a positive direction.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I heard his cancer had recurred. It went fast.

It's too bad, he probably had a lot more creativity in him.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
He sounds like a man who could have done a lot of good with a few more years. He certainly did a lot with the time he had. An example to all the rich. I hope his family can take some solace in that.