Google Plus is retiring

gimli

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.newperspectivestudio.co.za
So google had announced a leak of 500000 users data from google plus due to a bug, seems common these days. Among all online platforms. Googles reactions to shut down google plus. I know google plus isnt major, there are however few users that use it effectively.

What puzzling me is they made google plus the backbone for many of their google products and also the developer api's I wonder whats going to happen to all of that.

If it weren't for this data leak im sure they were going to re purpose or shut it down anyway as fail.

I feel bad for the people users who actually made communities or run communities on google plus. Im not sure what implications it would have on authors I have not seen much of that there, I know however countless articles exist there on many topics soon to be trashed. I would almost think its not legal to destroy so much so fast.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Google's late to the party. If they started it before Facebook or Twitter, who knows. They are in the same mess with YouTube atm. They are trying to offer competing services (YouTube Membership vs. Patreon), and do not allow you to participate in their "partner program" (adsense revenue) if you post Patreon links in your video descriptions. Facebook is offering video and some other things now as well.

They try to hard to dominate the market and screw up a lot of times, like their recent debacle in Europe ($5 billion fine from EU for Android domination).

If it's broke, fix it incorrectly; else, try something new.

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
Google Plus retired about three and a half minutes after it launched.

tesda

Registered
Reaction score
Google + never really took off the way Google wanted. Honestly though, it's not a loss nor was anything lost.

gimli

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.newperspectivestudio.co.za
Google Plus retired about three and a half minutes after it launched.

hahahaha . Yeah I dont know what going on with them. You would think being the all powerful search engine wouldn't make mistakes like those mentioned. No fair market competition on android devices.

Ive seen two new ones. Apparently they've launched a censored search engine ( planning to _) in china. Put simply it would filter searches like human rights and so forth. I mean really ? Their own employees refused to work on the project. Once again they are are being asked by the eu to drop the project.

They are fumbling the ball alot lately, I think they are spread too thin fighting too many battles. I used to think google was good, it was indomnable. I thought that of windows too.

Facebook suggestions Is probably the biggest issue its facing right now. People are taking to Facebook and asking publicly where can i find a "so and so" people will submit suggestions. This is eliminating google as the first point of searches and advertisers... googles bread and butter are noticing this.

We might soon be say il Facebook it instead of google it.