• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Magazine] Tales from the Canyons of the Damned

Spy_on_the_Inside

Registered
Reaction score
I recently submitted a story to a publication called Tales from the Canyons of the Damned. From the looks of things, they already have several magazines published and for sale on Amazon.

However, according to Submission Grinder, they have replied to only one submission in the last two months.

Has anyone ever heard of them or had any workings with them?

novicewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I've never heard of them, before, nor submitted to them, as it's not the genre I currently write in, but I thought I'd try to look around their site and social media to see if I could help.

According to their Twitter account, they've released their #26 and #27th issues in September and October, respectively; so, obviously, submitters have been rejected or accepted since the only submission you saw on Submission Grinder (listed as being from two months, ago).

Just so you know, not every writer uses Submission Grinder, so not everyone records or is able to record their acceptances and rejections.

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On Duotrope, their response statistics are as follows:

AccuracyWe have not received any complete reports within the past 12 months.
Pending17 responses are pending (1 min | 6.5 mean avg | 2.0 median | 35 max days waiting | 11.1 std dev) from 17 different members

Hope that's helpful.