• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for YA Fantasy book. Available for swapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryheron

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I’m looking for someone that will beta read my finished manuscript and help me with a couple of issues. It is a YA Fantasy set in a different planet, where people can shape-shift into animals and the country is about to be torn in half because of a fanatical war prophesied ten thousand years ago.

Here is what I’m looking for:

-English is not my first language. I have translated the entire book myself, but while I’m pretty happy about the result, I’m aware there are probably mistakes that will be easier to catch for a native English speaker.

-I like getting comments on the plot and the characters. Which scenes did you like, why? What scenes didn’t you like? Who is your favorite character? Who do you hope will die a horrible death? Basically knowing the thought process of my readers while they are reading the book helps me a lot, because that way I can see if I’m succeeding in my goals.

I am completely open to swapping manuscripts, if that’s what you want, so we can discuss the terms for that. Even though I want help with my grammar, I can tell when I read someone else’s work and something is just not right, so I hope to be able to help with that, and I will comment on characterization, pacing and world-building, as well as anything else you need and things that might come up to mind as I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.