Another new one

Don Losure

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the writing game. Have a couple of short stories published in my old college journal. I've farmed, done time as an accountant, worked the puzzles as a systems analyst, traveled with a journalist to carry stuff and act as photographer, and am now mostly playing with my imaginary friends. Favorite author as a child was Jules Verne. Now Terry Pratchett, J. R. Tolkien and others have joined him on that shelf. I'm finishing a YA fantasy novel that flirts with sci-fi for about the ninety-fifth time. Have collected rejections from agents and am looking for beta readers.

When not feeding the dragons, I'm usually reading or out for a walk, working in the garden or traveling, or banging my head against a crossword.

Don Losure

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
A YA fantasy novel that flirts with sci-fi sounds pretty interesting.

Best of luck with it, Don Losure, and welcome to AW!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Zalenkarina

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Don,

got to keep those dragons fed, I hear they can be cranky when they're hungry.

Sagml John

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
johnbeaverspen.wordpress.com
:welcome: Don! If you're down to agent shopping, you'll definitely want to pick some brains and talk about your stuff. After 50 posts, you can enter the *shudder* Query Letter Hell. (not for me, I cry too much)
Good luck on your writing!

jmurray2112

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Don. Welcome. I'm pretty new here myself, but I've already benefited from participating. So far, everybody's been quite nice, but then again, I haven't submitted anything for critique, yet. Hope you find it worthwhile, too!

CindyB

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome. Sounds like you’ve had some interesting experiences.