A Reuben Sandwich Appears!

AReubenSandwich

Registered
Reaction score
Sup my dudes! You can call me Reuben, Rube, or Sandwichy McSandwich-face.

To sum it up, I'm a twenty year old college fratboy who secretly likes to write light-hearted swashbuckling adventure stories.

I constantly think of new ideas in my head, to the point where they get jumbled together in a mish-mash of plots, characters, and story elements. This has been happening for years, but only now did I get the good sense to write it down somewhere. Now I'll get an idea and within the hour I'll have character sheets and a plot outline in my Google Drive.

Why am I here, you ask? Well, maybe you didn't, but Imma tell you anyways. I don't really have much experience writing full-length novels. I have a few random scenes/chapters typed up here and there, and I've even written a few moderately-successful fanfictions (which I will never reveal the names of even under pain of torture), but never have I ever sat down with a full outline for a story and gone for the gold.

But I want to. Very badly. And while I'm at it, I'll probably need some help from people who've done it: you beautiful people!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
What's up, fellow "No one must know" fanfic writer. :hi:

You're actually hopping into this novel-writing thing at the perfect time for many people who are unsure about how: it's officially NaNoWriMo season in the writing world! You, hundreds of thousands of other people (several from this very site), one month (November), 50,000 words. You won't be the only college student diving in, either, so you'll be able to find lots of people in the same boat as you if you choose to take part. It's a great way to bridge the gap from "a few chapters of mess" to "full novel". Speaking from personal experience ;) Welcome to AW!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Zalenkarina

Registered
Reaction score
fanfictions (which I will never reveal the names of even under pain of torture)

Ooh, I have a few of those, the story I'm working on now started as an AU fanfic, for about 30 seconds. Then I decided to change the names and make it 'original'. I'm on the third draft now and hoping to be in a position to start querying it next year.

Hope your story goes well.