Good Eats: Reloaded (New TV Series)

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Premiere Date: Mon, Oct. 15 (Cooking Channel, USA).

https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/shows/good-eats-reloaded

This is not televised on the Food Network where the original series aired.

Any fans of the original series? I sure was. I will give this one a try, for sure.

Anyone else going to give this one a try?

Below is taken from my Online Channel Guide (30 minute episode):

S1 Ep1 - Steak Your Claim: The Reload
Alton Brown reloads his classic steak show with an entirely new recipe for a reverse-seared ribeye steak; thermometer basics; how to cure a cast-iron skillet; pre-salting meat.

S1 Ep2 - The Dough Also Rises: The Reload (Airing 10/22/18)
Alton Brown reloads a classic biscuit show featuring his grandmother, with an entirely new take on the classic quick bread; lard and sifting; bo-nuts.

Last edited:

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got my DVR already set!

Me too. I loved the original series. One of the two food related channels shows reruns later at night of the originals. I have recorded several of them to my DVR as reference material.

MM

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I had to miss the first episode. It will re-air on Oct. 29. I will wait, till then, to watch it. I am not sure why they are airing episode three out of order. The Oct. 23 date, listed on their website, does not exist in my online TV guide for eps 3.

S1 Ep3 - Use Your Noodle: The Reload (Airing Nov. 5)
Alton Brown reloads this early episode with new science on cold-water pasta cooking; recipe for cacio a pepe.

S1 Ep4 - Fry Hard I: The Reload (Airing Oct. 29)
Alton Brown reloads his classic fish and chips show with a brand-new recipe for french fries and fish sticks all while being hounded by his sister.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
had no idea this was back. loved the original show. will have to check this one out. hope i get the channel in my area....

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the original series (its format was not dissimilar to Mythbusters, another show I watched assiduously in that same era). I do wonder how the younger, cheery and very funny Alton of the earlier show will contrast with the current Alton, who has come across as a grumpy old curmudgeon when he's guest-judged on recent cooking shows like Chopped.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, so far he's razzed his earlier fashion sense and mourned the loss of his hair...

Did any of you ever see the episode of "Mythbusters" he helped out on a few years back?

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
When I earned my bachelor's, late in life (graduated in 2013), I got into a national academic honors society. He was a member. He did a video for them (interacting with an audience). He plays up his natural persona quite a bit for his TV role. He loves the science and what not, but he is nowhere near the crabby person he plays.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the original series (its format was not dissimilar to Mythbusters, another show I watched assiduously in that same era). I do wonder how the younger, cheery and very funny Alton of the earlier show will contrast with the current Alton, who has come across as a grumpy old curmudgeon when he's guest-judged on recent cooking shows like Chopped.

The only time I've really seen him become incredibly curmudgeonly was when I saw him live a couple years ago. He had a couple people from the audience come up on stage with him and in a segment about fire, he kept trying to get the guy to name the three things you need (heat, fuel, oxygen). Instead, he kept getting Dudebro with an audience so he had to hurry things along and answer his own question to get the experiment done and the guy off stage. It got more and more awkward with each second.