The Optimists Apocalypse

nphelps

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Nate and I'm excited to be apart of the forums here. I love anything fantasy and many things Sci-fi. Currently, I am writing a YA sci-fi novel and that's what my title is referring to.

I am a jack of all trades. My greatest love, besides family and values, is writing. I have written a lot and will write much more. Right now I'm working on becoming an English Teacher. I've done everything from washing windows to installing security systems. I love reading, D&D, basketball, movies, hiking, swimming, workshops, public speaking, and eating!

My goal is to write books with exciting ideas and supremely satisfying content. Right now the book I'm writing is about a young man, employed by the city, who follows the local superhero around and tries to prevent him from damaging city property. When the superhero is killed by a new villain he suddenly finds himself and his friends as the ones that have the best chance of saving the city.

I'm excited to be here and Thank You!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

LesFewer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Nate.

Am not a fan of public speaking but I do like me some D&D.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Your book sounds interesting. Best of luck with it!

Welcome to AW!

CSSLZT13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shatteredeternityundone.tumblr.com
I agree with Den, your book sounds interesting, Nate! Like -- there are SO many ways that could go. Like, do the saviour characters stay normal and try to outwit the villain? Or do one or more of them obtain powers to combat the villain on equal terms? Maybe a mix? I don't know, throwing ideas out there.

Still, from one newperson to another, welcome!

aryheron

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! The book you are writing about sounds hilarious in the greatest way possible, I'd read it. Pretty cool idea.

Gerald_Johanssen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nate,

What a great idea for a book! Wouldn't mind reading that some day. Good luck and welcome!

Zalenkarina

Registered
Reaction score
Adding to the chorus, the book sounds really interesting, good luck with it.

MichaelC

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Nate. That sure is an interesting concept. Wouldn't this guy cramp the superhero's style? I am just trying to image a guy riding shotgun in the Bat Mobile or chasing after Superman.

Alan Aspie

Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing is about a young man, employed by the city, who follows the local superhero around and tries to prevent him from damaging city property...

This part sounds extremely funny. They sound like two protagonist who have kind of dual antagonist relationship together.

...When the superhero is killed by a new villain he suddenly finds himself and his friends as the ones that have the best chance of saving the city.

Please don't kill your superhero. Save him! Just put him into Superhero v8 Wheelchair designed by Jeremy Clarkson, but don't kill him.

You can put low profile alloy wheels to the wheel chair if you want to, but keep him alive!