BOOM! And then, there was write.

CSSLZT13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shatteredeternityundone.tumblr.com
Hello, everyone! My name is Fabian! Being that I'm here, you can obviously tell I'm a writer of sorts. Personally, I like to write science fiction/horror stuff, but I'm willing to write almost anything with a creative touch. As far as genres I enjoy reading, I like to partake in the aforementioned sci-fi/horror business, though I also like reading mystery, suspense, and everything else in between. If I had to pick a few favorite authors, they would be Dean Koontz, Edgar Allen Poe, and Poppy Z. Brite. You can check out my tumblr here where I posted a couple of writings. As far as hobbies go, I love listening to music (Heavy metal 4 life! \m/ ), playing video games (FPS/RPG are my favorites), and watching the myriad creations available on YouTube.

As it is, I genuinely joined this site to find someone to share my works with, but I have no issue posting a bunch before my submissions become available for reading. After all, if I can't help the current generation of writers out, who's gonna help me out in return? Heh. I hope everyone has a great day!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Also a big fan of Edgar Allen Poe, Fabian.

Hope you have a great day also, and welcome to AW!

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Good to have you with us. Which bands are you into? There's nothing better than writing those fight scenes while blasting metal in the background.

LesFewer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Fabian.

Reading Dean Koontz gives me anxiety so I never finish his books. I do appreciate his skill as a writer though.

CSSLZT13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shatteredeternityundone.tumblr.com
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

BradCarsten -- I agree, writing exciting scenes with equally active music is awesome! Admittedly, I listen to a lot of stuff, from USPM to melodic death to blackened grindcore -- current favorites are early In Flames, Type O Negative, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Immortal, and just about anything by Anaal Nathrakh. Seriously, that last one is great when I need some random, yet controlled insanity. :D I also like certain albums from bands I'm not usually too hot on -- "Operation: Mindcrime" from Queensryche is too good, as well as "The Crimson Idol" from W.A.S.P. and "Character" from Dark Tranquillity, strangely enough. I also listen to a ton of underground stuff trying to find that hidden gem among the pile of quality music out there -- I've found bands called Dreamscapes of the Perverse, Double Dragon, Fall of Rauros, Ved Buens Ende, Demilich, Ripping Corpse, Cloudkicker and countless others that proved to be worth the search. (Seriously, BandCamp is awesome for this.)

Fortz -- Hey, there! Yeah, a couple of Koontz books can be really intense and anxiety-inducing -- "Intensity," funnily enough, is a really tense one where the danger is felt throughout most of the novel, and I remember "Dragon Tears" being more haunting than it had any right to. Still, they are good stuff, and his skill is indeed impressive.

JustWriteMike

Registered
Reaction score
It never occurred to me to write to music. Probably would be too distracting for me. On occasion I have written with a glass of beer though. It has an oddly lubricative effect on the mind.

Welcome!

jmurray2112

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Fabian! I'm sure you'll find a lot of help here. I have.
BTW, I wrote large sections of my novel to the sound of Opeth. \m/!