Nikki Haley resigns

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Nikki Haley resigns

US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley resigned Tuesday directly to President Donald Trump, according to multiple sources familiar with her decision.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted that "President Trump and Ambassador Nikki Haley will meet in the Oval Office at 10:30am this morning. This event will be open to the pool".

I hadn't seen any chatter about this, but since Trump and Haley will be there and the pool can attend....I'm never sure what to make of anything these days, so I won't even speculate. Posting now so those who want to follow as it develops can.

BT Lamprey

Registered
Reaction score
Seems like an amicable breakup, from the press conference. She's praising Jared Kushner, giving assurances she won't run in 2020, etc.

Doesn't pass the smell test. She resigned from a governorship to serve for such a brief period?

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is she in line to replace Sessions or someone else who insufficiently enthusiastically welded their lips to 45’s ass?

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Reupping my speculation she was 'Anonymous', but that happened eons ago.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Doesn't pass the smell test. She resigned from a governorship to serve for such a brief period?

Yeah, this stinks to me, too, like 99.999% of the things happening in this regime. I've also noticed that those who leave have a way of popping right back up somewhere else. Just another part of the shell game con that's been passing for national governance...

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Now I'm hearing paranoid rumours of daddy's little girl Ivanka taking the position over on FB. Grain of salt, but still...

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
'Cause. despite her relative youth, Ivanka comes from a family well-known for their diplomatic skills? Yeeah.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Now I'm hearing paranoid rumours of daddy's little girl Ivanka taking the position over on FB. Grain of salt, but still...

Only in an administration where Rick Perry is NOT the least qualified member would this be even remotely possible.

gem1122

We can pickle that
Registered
Reaction score
Some speculate she's either positioning herself for a 2024 run or is simply exhausted and can make a shitload more money writing a book and giving speeches. Or maybe it's both.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, but the vast galaxy of people he could replace her with:

John Bolton (he's already been there once, albeit on an interim appointment under GWBush).
Sean Hannity
Steve Bannon
Rudy Giuliani (if he's not tabbed to be the next AG)
Jared Kushner (having all that foreign policy experience now)
Ted Nugent
Roy Moore
Newt Gingrich
Susan Collins (after her so-supportive vote for Kavanaugh)

. . . it's a long list

caw

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought she was going to be there until the end. But just because she's leaving doesn't mean she's not going to remain loyal to the cause.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
GOP on timing: "Unusual", "odd"

Publicly, Republican lawmakers are effusively praising Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, who is a star among the party’s conservative base. But privately they’re scratching their heads about the timing of the announcement, which stole attention from Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s first day on the Supreme Court.

Meanwhile, I haven't found further mention of the above potential ethics entanglement.

Last edited:

gem1122

We can pickle that
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Joe posited this morning that Haley may be putting herself in position to run in 2020 if/when Trump goes down. After the midterms, a likely Democratic-controlled House will rabidly investigate DT's taxes, etc., Mueller will present his findings, and DT may either not be able to or not wish to run again (though considering his latest hints about a life-time appointment as president, I think he's too power hungry to walk away). Haley will be in a better place than other potential candidates, never having truly run afoul of the Donald or his core voters, but she's also distanced herself from him at the same time by standing up to him and working outside of DC, thus gaining the respect of more establishment Pubs and independents.

But, hey, I'm taking a break from following politics, so what do I know? :Shrug: