I'm not new but it's been 6 years.

pylot

student of the craft and art
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm pretty sure i once made an introductory post here before. But after having disconnected from writing a few years ago, I have finally decided to stop letting life beat me down and pick up a pen once again.

These last few months have felt like a chaotic stream of consciousness and at last I feel I am making some head way in bringing an old idea into fruition.
At this point though I do find myself struggling to move forward. I think more than anything though I have fallen more in love with the process of designing my story and less so with the idea of finishing it.
All I can hope to do is knuckle down and "finish the script!"

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Best of luck on the story, and welcome back to AW!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

gem1122

We can pickle that
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! Like you, I’ve taken breaks from the forum and writing. It’s always good to jump back in. Best of luck with your project.

Cairo Amani

Cairo
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm pretty sure i once made an introductory post here before. But after having disconnected from writing a few years ago, I have finally decided to stop letting life beat me down and pick up a pen once again.

These last few months have felt like a chaotic stream of consciousness and at last I feel I am making some head way in bringing an old idea into fruition.
At this point though I do find myself struggling to move forward. I think more than anything though I have fallen more in love with the process of designing my story and less so with the idea of finishing it.
All I can hope to do is knuckle down and "finish the script!"

1. Welcome back. I, too, have rejoined the forums after a few years away form both Absolute Write and writing itself.
2. I spent the past 3 years *only* designing stories and collecting imagery (wooo pinterest).
3. All this planning has sparked a fire under my ass and I'm now working on my first novel in a while. Shoot me a PM if you wanna gripe over how hard this is to return to hahah. I'm using the upcoming Nanowrimo to fuel me through the next month or so, then getting an accountability partner
to push through the rest of the year!

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Pylot. That sounds all too familiar! When you first start writing, it's new and fresh, and some of that excitement will carry you through the first few chapters, but then you reach that middle where you're still too far from the end to make that final push, and the initial excitement has worn thin. From there, you have to reach inside to find the strength to keep pushing. It's hard, but so worth it in the end. Best of luck!

pylot

student of the craft and art
Registered
Reaction score
I just want say thanks for all the kind words that have been posted here. I am most certainly glad to be back at the writing desk and knowing I have a place to communicate with fellow writers lifts a weight from my shoulders that I didn't know was weighing me down.
I look forward to any future interactions to be had with any of you as time swiftly passes us by.

aryheron

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! And congratulations on stopping letting life beat you down. Now go write! :D

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! Good luck with the story and enjoy the process!

CindyB

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! I left for several years myself and recently returned.