who originally wrote this remix?

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkyTNNqhSMc

I know the original is Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield. I've known the original version for years. I want to know who did the techno version in the link above, because I'd like to find this person on Spotify and see if they've done any other good remixes/covers etc. I can't find it anywhere. Also the you tube description of the vid linked above says 2017 remix - it's not a 2017 remix as I listened to that exact remix a lot around 2014 or maybe a little earlier. There's another version of this remix on You Tube that's sped up a bit and has a different intro but is mostly the same. I need to know who did the original remix (if that's not an oxymoron LOL). Can anyone help me with this?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Did you run it by Shazam?

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
The remix sounds like it is from the late 90s or early 00s. I'd be tempted to call that this specific remix is by DJ Ramón himself given the rather outdated production techniques. There might be other older remixes that have a similar sound or be a 2017 edit of his own remix. I'm listening to the other remixes on his channel and it definitely sounds like he is an older bloke from the Spanish disco scene who makes remixes on his own using techniques that span a broad breadth of technology. His Bonnie Tyler remix sounds like the guy is using authentic technology that he has kept from the 80s. I notice that he also has some Pascal Languirand-styled synths in the Oldfield remix.

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
Did you run it by Shazam?

Hadn't heard of it, but I looked it up and will definitely give it a try. :Thumbs:

Xelebes: thanks... it does sound very 90s now you mention it. I found DJ Ramon on Spotify previously but not very much of his music is on there, and I couldn't find Moonlight Shadow.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
I just Shazamed it for you, Neander, and got DJCuongs for the remix, from the album Best of DJcuongs Vol 3.

ETA and Shazam is a GREAT app when you want to know what song is playing on the radio / in a shop / in a movie soundtrack, etc.

Last edited:

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks :) I managed to find it on Spotify... unfortunately not playable but I can check back another time to see if it's become playable. And I can check the same artist out on you tube in the meantime. Thanks again :) :) :)