How to find one-person comedy storytelling show's themes/concepts/premises? Suggestion needed.

creativitytogo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I will be thankful for any of your suggestions for the following-

I am willing to write a one-person comedy storytelling show, for stage performance.

The show will be based on the performer's real-life humorous stories and anecdotes, yet needs to have a central theme/concept/premise that will be "marketable", easy to identify with and appealing for adult audiences.

I am looking for methods and ways to generate ideas for such a theme/concept/premise, that will be original as well as marketable.

There is the autobiographical show option, where the theme may naturally evolve from the personal stories available, but I am also trying to find other creative options, that will have some kind of creative "twist", yet still be broad enough to fill a long stories-based show.
So, the creative theme is created first, and then, stories are collected around it.

For example-
A humorous storytelling show about seemingly bad habits that were proved to be good habits.

I will be thankful for any suggestion and advice, about ways to find such creative and original themes, concepts and premises, that will also achieve the other criteria mentioned above.

Also, I will be happy to know about any other show with similar approach:
Has a creative, marketable concept/theme/premise , true and funny stories-based, performed by one-person, and is for adults.

Many thanks for any advice and suggestion.

:)