• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Addressing editorial changes

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
One good thing is that I'm currently on an exotic holiday (if you can call the UK exotic :) )

**looks out of window** **observes dull, grey, drizzly fog**

Yep, definitely not exotic. :greenie

Hope you have a great time here. Sorry to read about what happened with this publisher.

Anne_B

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ellis, I bet you've run up against an over-eager 22-year-old copy editor. Or intern.

I have been that copy editor *hangs head in shame* although I did not realize that until a quarter of a century later. After I'd developed major writing credentials, another 22-year-old copy editor butchered a magazine article of mine. When I brought this to the editor's attention, she said, "But I gave it to her because it was in such good shape!" And then I had a flashback to my days as an editorial assistant...

So be encouraged: karma will eventually revenge you. In the meantime, discuss this firmly with the editor.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
**looks out of window** **observes dull, grey, drizzly fog**

Yep, definitely not exotic. :greenie

Hope you have a great time here. Sorry to read about what happened with this publisher.

But Ellis Clover is apparently from Australia, so dull, grey, drizzly fog might well seem exotic. At least Britain isn't full of exciting animals, trying to kill you.