Eight year old girl finds sword in Swedish lake

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
C'mon, let's leaves orcs alone. They're just hard-working Joes like the rest of us; sure they have their own folksy ways and their cuisine leaves something to be desired, but we all know what it's like to have a bad boss and just try to get by.

Last edited:

mhdragon

cats, writing/reading, video games
Registered
Reaction score
I know I saw that it the news! What an amazing find. This makes for the beginning of an amazing story.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Saga speaks.

People on the internet are saying I am the queen of Sweden, because in the legend of King Arthur, he was given a sword by a lady in a lake, and that meant he would become king. I am not a lady – I’m only eight – but it’s true I found a sword in the lake. I wouldn’t mind being queen for a day, but when I grow up I want to be a vet. Or an actor in Paris.

Last edited:

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
(insert Monty Python reference to ladies in lakes handing out swords here)

Does that mean she's a queen now?

Can she come to America? 'Cause our current emperor has some Issues...

Has some issues...???

That's like saying the Pope is a little religious

I see the British understatement thing has crossed the pond :greenie

Like Captain Moody of British Airways flight 9 who said "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress."

(he also managed to land the plane safely)

This was my exact reaction when I heard this story. Sweden already has a crown princess, and lil' Saga is half-American, so it's a stretch, but...

Having seen the quote from Saga, I think she's definitely more qualified to be president of the USA than President Chump Fart Trump

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Re Saga's legitimacy as sovereign, I'll remind everyone that Arthur became king by pulling the sword from the stone, whereas he was gifted Excalibur later.

Or was it the other way around...?