I just got my first review. Five Stars and they called my book spellbinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjanejayne

Registered
Reaction score
This has been an amazing three weeks.

On September 18, I found an agent. HOORAY.
So with that out of the way, I have 30 novella length books(between 40,000 and 50,000 words). I've divided those out. Some I think I can pad to novel length but most I decided that I would upload to Kindle. One every month or so, in hopes of building a brand.

I started this task on October 1. I've had a few sales, and today some kind soul wrote a review, gave me five stars and called my book, Murder in Venice, 'spellbinding." I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I am over the moon with excitement. I'm currently editing the next one that I want to publish on Kindle.

I've also got one that I think I'm going to submit to Harlequin romance so, anyway...……….

MY goals are to get a novella ready to upload the first of November, submit the romance to Harlequin, and hopefully sometime during this month my new agent will give me the notes she's currently making to water getting my novel ready for her to market to publishers.

It's a very exciting time, but the down-side is that I still have ideas for new things I want to write and I don't have much time for that. So I think Fridays are going to be my new project days.

Monday-Thursday is working on finalizing the projects for publication on Twitter. Friday I'll work on my new idea for a story. And then Saturday, is kind of up for grabs...…..I have a teenage daughter. Wen she's home from school, I try to make that a day for us, and when she's involved in her social life, I'll also use that as a day to work on my new projects.

That's my plan for October.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Lots and lots of huge wonderful plans!!!!! Congrats on getting an agent!!!!
And the feedback!!!

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome plan! With such structure and discipline, you're sure to have success. What an exciting time, and so encouraging and exciting for the rest of us to hear too! Thanks for sharing.

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Jjanejayne. More good things to come! :partyguy:

Jjanejayne

Registered
Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE CONGRATS and today it got EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my first review from a book review blogger.....she gave me 4 out of 5 stars, and said my book would make a great Lifetime Movie. I'm ready anytime Lifetime is.

Again, just want to encourage everyone who is struggling to hang in there. It took a while but things are really beginning to come together in my writing career and it would never have happened if I had given up...…….this is really a dream come true.

Hedwig

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinetweedle.com
This is awesome! Sounds like you are one busy little bee, and with your intended structure for your work schedule, I think that will work out well for you. I'm so glad that things feel like they're coming together. It sounds like you have a lot of exciting stuff coming up in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.