Those "Ah, wait, never mind" moments...

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
It happens all the time... I wrote about a thousand words review or created a very, very long thread, and at the last moment something came to me and I just.

Wait, why the heck am I writing this?

Then I deleted everything and return back to whatever I was doing earlier or see if anyone commented on my story yet.

Seriously, am I the only one here? I'd like to know if anyone else ever done that before.

One of the BIGGEST 'never mind' moment is when I try to make a thread in the AW Roundtable asking about "Protagonist Centered Morality", I think there was about at least 500 words in there, only to feel like "Wait, I got it, I have the answer." And I decided not to write anything else since I already got it.

Sure there's no harm of just asking, but... Well...

Ah, never mind...

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you mean that moment I get every time I go to start a thread? Yeah. That one.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Now that you've got me interested in your thoughts on Protagonist-Centered Morality you're just gonna leave me hangin', huh?

Ari, off to ponder the deep stuff all by her lonesome

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
Now that you've got me interested in your thoughts on Protagonist-Centered Morality you're just gonna leave me hangin', huh?

Ari, off to ponder the deep stuff all by her lonesome

Well, I was about to write off a lot of stuff about it but...

I have a really bad experience as to come across as some sort of a 'know it all' kind of person and I really don't want to have people thinking of like that here.

I can, right now, make a long lecture about protagonist centered morality, but it'll probably sound like I'm lecturing instead of opening up a discussion. (even though I'm very fine with people responding to it). I can probably make a little bit of question and an argument about it and let the discussing begins and...

*facepalm*

Okay, so that's how you do it... (This is usually the part where I just deleted everything)

I'll be going to the roundtable now. There's some interesting stuff I like to talk about.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
The phrase 'Protagonist-Centered Morality' is a conversation-starter in of itself, I'm with Ari wanting to know more about this.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I was about to write off a lot of stuff about it but...

I have a really bad experience as to come across as some sort of a 'know it all' kind of person and I really don't want to have people thinking of like that here.

Oh, jump in, the water's fine. People are gonna think what people are gonna think.

I can, right now, make a long lecture about protagonist centered morality, but it'll probably sound like I'm lecturing instead of opening up a discussion. (even though I'm very fine with people responding to it). I can probably make a little bit of question and an argument about it and let the discussing begins and...

*facepalm*

Okay, so that's how you do it... (This is usually the part where I just deleted everything)

:greenie

I'll be going to the roundtable now. There's some interesting stuff I like to talk about.

Good.

Summer89

Registered
Reaction score

I think most of us writer's are a little bit of know it all types so don't worry about it.. I know I am :D

So it's early morning where I come from and I was just looking for my phone and then ah never mind it was in my hand *face palm*

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I'd have twice the number of posts I have now if I hit "Post Reply" every time I typed up something. Thousands of words just gone because I went, "Why am I doing this?" We're writers. We know the importance of when not to say anything, or when there's nothing to say even if we really, really want to.

athetland

Registered
Reaction score
We're writers. We know the importance of when not to say anything, or when there's nothing to say even if we really, really want to.

this is a really good point. i think a lot of us spend a lot of time typing and deleting words. at least i do? especially on social media.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't delete. I plow through to the end.

Better to have something then to have nothing at all. :)

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't delete. I plow through to the end.

Better to have something then to have nothing at all. :)

True. But end up deleting all of it, anyway. :p

(There was more I wanted to say here, but I deleted it as irrelevant. :tongue )

BT Lamprey

Registered
Reaction score
Don't you ever search for some specific and obscure piece of information, and find it as an answer on a forum to someone else with the same question you had?

That's why I don't shy from asking questions, and making a fool of myself.

jmurray2112

Registered
Reaction score
I'd have twice the number of posts I have now if I hit "Post Reply" every time I typed up something. Thousands of words just gone because I went, "Why am I doing this?" We're writers. We know the importance of when not to say anything, or when there's nothing to say even if we really, really want to.

This reply should be a sticky.

Last edited: