Outrageous October 500 words/day writing or editing - all genres welcome

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
OSG - Of course they said nice things. You're amazing. Here's to kicking impostor syndrome. :raises glass:

Kitty's hanging in there, but still isn't eating enough. :(

I managed to get to page 51 on my freelance editing job. I'm also trying to finish up my short for the antho. But frankly, I am exhausted and want to crawl into a hole. :(

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Thanks, Saoirse. Glad to hear kitty is doing a little better - make sure you take some time to look after yourself, too, yeah?

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Wow, I've been bad about updates.

I'm 4 chapters away from finishing this revision, and I'm going to curse everything by saying I think this book is...not too bad? It's turning into what I want it to be, anyway.

I've got a couple of editing notes, but they're really small things. Which means I'm not going to be able to avoid querying much longer. :) Guess I better dredge up my agent research.

Hope everyone is doing well. Go, team! :e2cheer:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Busy day today. I finished up a short with some helpful notes from my crit partner and sent it off to my class, critted two pieces, and wrote 1,300 words of the WIP ready for my other class tomorrow. I really hate not having time to polish things before they go out!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Where does the time go? Sorry for the long absence.
OSG - Congrats on getting great feedback from your class, best of luck with the rest of the class, you'll do great.

Thanks for the input on NaNoWriMo, I'll probably give it a whirl and keep my expectations low.
Hope everyone is doing well, sounds like progress is being made so cheers to you all! Keep up the good work.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I finished my revision today. I have four very small notes, but once those are dealt with, the book is done.

Anybody else feel weirdly let down when they finish a book? I've been working on this thing for a year and a half, and some of those days were really, really rough. And now I'm supposed to just...put it down. (And write a query letter, and clean up my synopsis, and come up with a list of agents, and...)

I like it. I'm sure I'm too close to see the imperfections, and I'll find things that need fixing long after it's too late to fix them. But I'm going to miss having it front and center in my head.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Liz - Congrats on finishing! I have the same issue. It feels like saying goodbye to old friends.

Zan75 - Great to hear from you. I think your plan for Nano is a good one.

OSG - Hugs. That does sound rough. At least it's done, right? ;)

Finished freelance job last night and sent it to my client. I have another one hitting my inbox tomorrow.

I'm behind on my short story, so that's the priority today and tomorrow.

And I'm still not sure if I'm doing Nano.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween (almost here)! Any special traditions? Can't say that I have any.

Liz - Congrats on wrapping everything up! With only one book done myself, my insight is limited, but I'm happy for the separation from it and look forward to having extra time to work on new stuff.

Saoirse - Best of luck with your short story, I'm sure you'll be caught up in no time.

I added a few hundreds words to my current project. Not sure the exact count, but it's higher then it was. I feel I'm moving in the right direction so I'll keep plugging away :)