NaNo 2018 -- IT IS (almost) OOOOONNNNNNNN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
Plotbunnies, and all purveyors of them. *glares at Pasty and Wanderluster*
You're welcome. Now you can take all those plotbunnies and NaNo them, along with me and Lusty. And if you run out, we'll be sure to send more. :evil

ETA: Actually, we'll be sure to send more whether you run out or not. :aliensmile:

Last edited:

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome. Now you can take all those plotbunnies and NaNo them, along with me and Lusty. And if you run out, we'll be sure to send more. :evil

ETA: Actually, we'll be sure to send more whether you run out or not. :aliensmile:

*begrudgingly prepares to NaNo* Just because I like this one doesn't mean I won't toss new ones back your way like a live grenade.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Thankfully, the only thing close to a plot-bunny that's come my way is a fictional twist-on-Greek-mythology religion where Pandora is the equivalent of "god" and the actual Greek gods are the bad guys. Maybe I can do that one for Camp NaNo.

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh, dodge-bunnies! And YAY, you're going to NaNo! This pleases me (misery loves company and all that).

I like to try, but I don't think I've once made at past 20k. Let's all descend to a plane of misery and woe, and then we can all bounce back for Sisyphus!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in.

I need to get moving on the fifth and final book in my fantasy series. I've been semi-blocked on it for so long that I've gotten out of the habit of writing daily. I usually find NaNo difficult because I'm an edit-as-I-go kinda gal, but it can't get me writing any less than I currently do - can it?

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I'm in.

I need to get moving on the fifth and final book in my fantasy series. I've been semi-blocked on it for so long that I've gotten out of the habit of writing daily. I usually find NaNo difficult because I'm an edit-as-I-go kinda gal, but it can't get me writing any less than I currently do - can it?

You can still kinda edit as you go for NaNo. At least, I do. I let myself reread and edit what I wrote the day before to kickstart the next day's writing. It refreshes my memory of what happened the day before and lets me at least work out awkward sentences, typos, and other things that don't work early.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can still kinda edit as you go for NaNo. At least, I do. I let myself reread and edit what I wrote the day before to kickstart the next day's writing. It refreshes my memory of what happened the day before and lets me at least work out awkward sentences, typos, and other things that don't work early.

Thanks, Maggie. That sounds like a good plan.

I'm not going to sweat it if I don't win. This is all about getting back on some kind of writing schedule.

Gen5150

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in :). Young adult contemporary thriller with an unlikeable narrator and escalating body count. Can't wait :D.

Likewise, except that I hope that the MC is likeable to most readers.

I'm slapping together my outline. Partly because I'm a plotter. Partly because I would rather not make revisions a nightmare. I love the concept too much to shelve it in frustration. I intend to attempt the full 50K, but I would be proud of anything above 25K.

SciSarahTops

late cretaceous
Registered
Reaction score
Reading about writing... less of the actual writin
Hello. Just wondering about people's strategies for NaNoWriMo? Do you have everything mapped out? How much prep do we need? I've had THE busiest month ever but next month looks good. I have tonight to hash out some sort of plan but if I pareticipate I'll be winging it. Is that a recipe for failure?

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no plan at all. My goal is to sit my butt in my chair for a couple hours every day and just write.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. Just wondering about people's strategies for NaNoWriMo? Do you have everything mapped out? How much prep do we need? I've had THE busiest month ever but next month looks good. I have tonight to hash out some sort of plan but if I pareticipate I'll be winging it. Is that a recipe for failure?

I "winged" 66k last year, but I'm a 90% pantser, so "winging it" is my modus operandi with all writing.

So if you can write a bunch without significant planning, you can certainly make it work. (And if you do want to write a plan/outline and include that in your word-count, I'm sure no one would mind. :greenie)

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
noplan.jpg

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Plan? Plan?!? It's literally the day before and I don't even have an idea. :evil

*insert mad scientist laughter here*

-Riv-

The much appreciated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Apart from writing something every day, I have no plan.

:e2writer:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Someone pantsing more than usual this year. The freedom is terrifying.

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've only finally made up my mind to do it. A dedicated plotter here, but this NaNo is going to be mostly pantsed since I have only a vague idea and a few vague characters. We'll see how far I get before my characters demand a plan.

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. I have an opening scene and that's it. This is gonna be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.