2018-19 NHL Season Thread

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
We moved to St.Louis in December 1969, and I immediately became a Blues fan. We were watching on TV in May 1970 when Bobby Orr scored that famous OT goal in the final game, called by the great, long-time Blues announcer Dan Kelly. The Blues had no chance in that series; this year is different.

Aww, well congrats!!

I don't have anything against the Blues, just always go for an O6 team, all other things being equal (like Anaheim is not involved).

I LOVE that photo btw -- it's right up there with Mess kissing The Cup. ;)

Last edited:

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
We moved to St.Louis in December 1969, and I immediately became a Blues fan. We were watching on TV in May 1970 when Bobby Orr scored that famous OT goal in the final game, called by the great, long-time Blues announcer Dan Kelly. The Blues had no chance in that series; this year is different.

Blues fans have been waiting a very long time for tonight. Enjoy the victory!

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Bruins deserved that -- they entirely gave the fuck up way too early. This game is encapsulated by them watching the puck float gently out of the zone as they stand around.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
BTW, Boston did get a late goal and 4-1 was the final. Blues have played great on the road all postseason and did just that again tonight. The goaltender was fantastic. I'm sure some will still make notes about the game 5 officiating but that's not why Boston lost. They lost because they didn't have Tom Brady wave the banner!! What were they thinking???? :Shrug:

All kidding aside, congratulations to the long suffering Blues fans and their team. They went from being in dead last back in January to winning the cup. Incredible.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the Blues. It only took 52 years for them to get a Cup!

What's most important is that they are the current champion.

Report is O'Reilly was playing with cracked ribs. Hockey players are some of the toughest people on earth.

I am happy for David Perron who came close last year when Vegas went on that magical run.

For the second year in a row we have a first time Stanley Cup winner.

See ya in October!