Not open for further replies.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
[X] Outline for NanoWriMo
[X] Write one short.

Both kind of. What a month!

MrsMig- Sounds like the second half of the month is an improvement over the first. I am always interested in sauce recipes. Loved Grace Adieu, wish Clarke would write a sequel to JSaMN but, well, we all know writing is hard.

Jamyz- Damn you write a lot. And even while getting sucked into the time-wasting world of Youtube videos.

Tamlyn- Ooh, game design! I dabble, but need to trunk that hobby if I plan on focusing on writing.

Emaree- :Cake:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kjbartolotta, congratulations on making your goal.

I may blog about my fresh tomato sauce process, and if I get that finished before the month's out, I'll link to it.

ETA: I just realized I'd blogged about making fresh tomato sauce a couple of years ago, along with tomato jam and chutney (I'd had a bumper crop of tomatoes that year). If you're interested, here's the link: Too Many Tomatoes

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Kev - I'm retired, so I have a lot of time for writing. :) Way to go on making your goals for the month!

mrsmig - yay for having a break-through with the writing!

For myself - I'm calling this month done. As expected, I did not get the writing part of my goals done. Next month for sure. ;) Looks like I got the sweater done just in time - temps from Tuesday are in the high 20's to low 30's! (that's celcius, just in case anyone wondered :))

[X] finally finish the quasi-historical story (75,071 complete finally)
[ ] write at least five scenes on The Crystal Throne
[X] make ginger marmalade – turned out even better than last year!
[X] finish Christmas gift sweater (before it gets too hot)

I won't be doing NaNo. I did it once a few years ago, proved I could write 50K in a month - but it burned me out for six months after. I need to be able to write when sisyfus comes around!

Now to figure out what my goals for November should be.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Kev - game is D&D stuff. I like it because when the 'real' writing isn't going so well, it's something I can enjoy creatively without needed to worry too much about perfection (and falling short of that). I keep careful track now to make sure not too many of my words for the month are game only though - I went through a few months when it was pretty much all I was doing.

Had a busy weekend and didn't get much writing done. Went on a road trip to visit family - 4 and a half hours there, substantially longer on the way back because of stopping at wineries and the like *cough*. My grandpa was in good spirits but is physically very, very frail now (my gran died at the end of last year).

Final chapter (for the month) done for Marietta. I think only one more month needed for editing, but that might not be until January. NaNo, then maybe a break in December. Depends how much Ginevra is calling me.

I've done 38k words on Ginevra this month. I'm not working the next couple of days, just have appointments and more family stuff, so hopefully I'll hit 40k. So I've basically done a almost-NaNo in prep for NaNo :p NaNo does suit me very much - I'm really good at spewing words for deadlines. It's the rest of it - good words, editing, etc - that I'm not so good at!

Being a terrible reader and have not finished The Golden Horn yet. It's not that I'm not enjoying it (I am). I'm just terrible. If a miracle happens, I'll update again at the real end of the month.

1. Read five books. 2/5
2. Continue game planning (map). Onward.
3. Write Ginevra. Yes.
4. Edit Marietta. 4/4 chapters.
5. Plan NaNo. Tinsy bit.
6. Min 500 words OR 2 pages edited per day with one 4hr min day per week. Yes.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
[X] Reboot my Habitica items
[X] Use my BuJo again
[X] Catch-up YNAB
[X] Edit every day: Week 40
[X] Edit every day: Week 41
[X] Edit every day: Week 42
[X] Edit every day: Week 43
[X] Edit every day: Week 44 (October portion)
[X] Reorganize office

Calling the BuJo one done, because I've been pretty consistent this month. Might use this as my end-of-the-month check-in and just up-date it when I've finished the last item on Wednesday :)

Edit: Yup, that's what I did :)

Last edited:

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
bdwilson, you're an inspiration!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Hallowe'en, happy end of October - and happy start of NaNoWriMo tomorrow (for those that are partaking). Whether, you're NaNo-ing or not, join me over at the November progress thread, which I'll be starting just as soon as I post here.

I met my reading goal with the completion of The World Without Us by Alan Weisman, which was interesting and a curious mix of depressing/reassuring. I did NOT write a blog, nor did I meet my writing goal, but I did decide to participate in NaNo this year. I haven't done it for some years because I tend to be an edit-as-I-go writer, but since that method hasn't been producing much for me, and I REALLY REALLY need to get back on a regular writing schedule, that's why I'm participating. I don't expect to "win," but if I can get back in the saddle, so to speak, and maybe even get some decent words out of it, I'll be content.

[x] Read three books - 2 of 3
[ ] Write a blog
[x] Research Audible - done
[ ] Write 10k words on my WIP (starting count 7654) current count 10,193

See you in the November thread!

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
Oops - where did October go?

[ ] Complete edit of Act 1 - :(
[X] Start edit of Act 2