Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 29 - 75 words toward the WIP, then an additional 100 or so of a flash scene because that 75 looked so skimpy. Maybe 200 altogether if I was lucky.

I'm gearing up for NaNoWriMo, which I'll be reporting on in the November thread as opposed to a regular NaNo thread. I'm trying a new method next month: I drew a picture of a target, with 1000 words as the bullseye and diminishing word counts the closer you get to the edge (500-999, 150-499, anything at all). Each day I'll tally up my words and keep track of where I hit. This will show me, in black and white, exactly what I'm accomplishing over time and maybe motivate me to up my game. As a reminder, I've put it up on the wall in the bathroom so whenever I, um, take a seat, I can't possibly miss it.

If that doesn't work ... well, guess I'll have to try something else. The only true way to lose is by giving up.

ETA: Oops, almost forgot the good news. I haven't gotten edits or a cover yet, but my story's now listed on the publisher's "Coming Soon" page. I go there and look at it when I need a lift. Yes, I'm needy and pathetic. I don't care.

Last edited:

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 30
Revised two scenes.

starrystorm: Two pages is not nothing. Congrats!

Layla: A libretto. How exciting! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

April: Yes to guilt reduction. If it wasn't hard...well, you know the rest. Way to bash!

Pterofan: Nice work, as usual. Good luck with NaNo. Love the target idea. Congrats on the pub. Who doesn't need a reminder of why we do this? You rock!

Last edited:

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
April - it's my first time to write a libretto. (It's her first time to write an opera, so we're good ;) It's supposed to be a short opera ~30 mins - that's a thing, apparently ) Keep bashing away :D

Ptero - I'm looking forward to the vicarious nano experience. I really like your plan )ps - I'd be pretty exited if I had a story 'Coming Soon'

Gough - congrats on those two scenes! (yah, I'm really interested to see how it comes out, too :D )

Day 30 -
WIP 1/2 page; a bit of libretto reading

R/SC - earning service, some washing up, moar of the tidying project (I'll be at this for a while - I'm basically re-arranging everything & doing it in like 30 minute chunks after work…)

$$ - indy project, gear fix project, wee work on each

xenylic

Advancing to the Castle Age
Registered
Reaction score
It's late, I'm exhausted, and I've still got 48 hours to go to get through this week. Ugh.

Just really stressed out over work that has just been piled on, one after the other by professors who think that turning in one major project, or taking a major exam isn't enough on the agenda for one day of class.

I'm staying afloat, but I'm dizzy, and really melancholic. Hopefully some sleep will do me good.

As for writing, I have some pretty good news: yesterday I sent my first query for Book #1 in almost six months. I didn't really plan for it, but since I had the opening, and I felt like procrastinating (like, really felt like procrastinating), I managed to do that again!

I also got some feedback from a beta reader. All in all, I'm kinda disappointed with it. It wasn't overly negative or anything, in fact, I think she liked my book at least somewhat. It just kinda was scrunched up in a small couple paragraphs without going into a great amount of detail. Nevertheless, she did take the time to read my entire book, so I can't complain too much, and the stylistic choices that were tormenting me the most, she ended up validating, so a win's a win.

I also have to audition for a spot 1 on 1 for band tomorrow. I can play the material just fine, but man my brain function takes a nose-dive with high pressure situations like that. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it feels in my head.

April: Ah, I played Dragon Age: Origins, but never got around to Inquisition. Most of my RPGs are JRPGs (predominantly the Final Fantasy series). Although puzzle games and coop are strong ones too. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should try the Portal games.

And now, my pillow calls to me. See everyone tomorrow.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 30 - 402 words

Spent the morning writing blog posts. I have two blogs (one for me and one for my pen name) but haven't updated either in roughly a year. With a release coming up in (fingers crossed) January, I figured I'd better resurrect the one with the book's byline, at the very least. I'd have to kick-start the other one anyway, because that's the name I'm using for the series. I wanted to iron today too but I haven't yet. I'll do something once I get home. :tongue

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
DAY 30: Nothing. I had a THE WORST lupus flareup I've ever had. I could barley get out of bed.

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
KayMitch: Sorry to hear you’ve had a bit of a crappy week. But please – tell us how your dog broke your laptop?!

It was sitting on my coffee table and my dog was laying between the coffee table and the couch. Something outside made a loud noise and spooked her and so she bolted away from the coffee table and her leg was caught in the charging cord for my laptop. Instead of yanking the cord out of the laptop it yanked my entire laptop off the table. It was working fine afterwards so I wasn't worried. I got back from dinner and went to use it and the screen was black.

I'm just glad it was only the screen and not my entire hard drive that broke.

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 31
Revised one scene.

Layla: Great progress. I'm stealing your tidying in 30 minute chunks plan.

xenylic: Sleep well. Let your dreams work it out. Good, useful feedback is like leprechaun gold, I swear. Glad you got some, if only a bit. Good luck on your audition!

Pterofan: Great word count! Way to update those blogs. Boo to ironing. I'd rather walk around wrinkled, and I do.

starrystorm: Feel better!

KayMitch: Argh! My dogs have broken many a dish just as you described. Glad it's up and running.

Happy Samhain / Halloween, all ye goodfolk! I have too-much-candy tummy.

Last edited:

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there, Xen - I know you're a trooper. & I hope your audition goes great

Ptero. 402 words. Awesome. & whoo - ironing. That's some patience!

oh my goodness, starry - I hope you'll be feeling better very soon.

Gough - congrats on revising that scene :)

Day 30 -

WIP 1/4 page; libretto research

R/SC - earning service, tidying project, some regular chores & making lunch for Thurs & Fri

$$ - indy project writing exercise

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
At the end of October, I rewrote 2,485 in draft two. And edited 72 pages in draft 3.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
And thank you, WGough and Layla. I know it will die down soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.