Dick Wolf's FBI

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
I just watched the first episode of Dick Wolf's FBI. It's I expected: realistic detail, expert actors, compelling plot. I'd buy an entire season of it right now.

BUT - it's only available on CBS's new streaming service: CBS All Access. I will NOT pay for use of yet another streaming service. I'd rather forego the expense. Or maybe wait till the season is done next spring, buy access for one month at $10, and watch the 20+ episodes over four weeks, then cancel my access.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you. My entertainment dollars have limits and I'm simply not going to get every paying streaming service. It all reaches "lesser" providers and DVD eventually anyway, right? It's not like there's any shortage of great TV to watch with the streaming services I have already.

Maryn, mature enough to defer gratification

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the first 10 minutes before getting bored. Tropes ruined it for me. It could have been any cop show. Sorry, just a matter of taste I suppose. :Shrug:

And it wasn't streaming, by the way, it was on my basic cable.

Last edited:

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
I was wrong. It's not just available through CBS All Access. I'm able to get it through Amazon Video, my preferred streaming service.

I watched episode two. So far I'm disappointed. The reason Wolf's series are long running is their ensemble casts and there are only five regulars. And only the character played by Missy Peregrym is at all interesting.

Also, neither of the crimes of the first two episodes are the kinds the FBI investigates. Only after the perps were discovered was there a federal dimension. Both crimes would have been investigated by the local police force.

I'll give it a few more episodes in hopes it improves. But so far I'm disappointed.