Hello from Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmarcks

Registered
Reaction score
Don't look now, but the Cleveland Browns are 1-1-1, meaning they have already won more than the last two seasons combined.

• What genres do you write?
I have self published on Amazon one science fiction and one general fiction with a theme of age regression.
• What do you like to read?
Science fiction, fantasy and history
• How long have you been writing?
I had a short story published in my high school literary magazine, so, um, a long time
• Do you beta read?
I have done that.
• Do you have any particular hobbies? Are you expert in any particular field or craft?
I play an online horse racing game.

I am a semi-retired Registered Nurse. Prior to that I was a letter carrier. Prior to that I was a United States Army helicopter pilot. I am certainly willing to offer my expertise in nursing, helicopter flying or, should you happen to be writing about delivering mail. that too.

I consider myself an anglophile and am very interested in the differences in the English language as used in the USA, Britain, Canada and Australia/NZ.

Ken

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
sadly i must say...the Browns are way better than our Lions....

nice to meet you km!

Dragonshark X

Registered
Reaction score
Ha! The Browns actually kick ass this year. You know who I'm excited about seeing win it all? The Jags! Wouldn't that be something? I'm curious as to what you actually have to take part in during the horse race game. Do you just press a button as fast as you can? Do you get to go in-depth as the jockey and be bulimic for a few days before the race? I would love to be a fly on the wall as a parent walked in on their child playing an old, washed-up jockey with nothing left blowing lines off of a hookers inner-thigh!!! Anyway. I wish you luck dude. Keep kicking ass!

kmarcks

Registered
Reaction score
The horse racing game is very detailed and runs in real time, that is, it takes a full calendar year for a horse to age from 3 to 4. It takes a minimum of a week for a horse to recover from a race. The game is mostly text, with limited graphics.

Pacific

Registered
Reaction score
welcome Ken, I know this is more than 3 years late, but people do time travel and it is my first time read your self intro,
so hello again. hope you like this site

Status
Not open for further replies.