• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta for YA Romance/Action Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve gone over my completed MS 15 times now. I've posted in SYW and made numerous edits throughout the MS due in part to the amazing critiques I’ve received here. Now I’m looking for someone to read the full MS (I can send the first few chapters before you commit, so you can see if you're truly interested). I’m looking for someone to give me feedback on what works and what doesn't as far as characters, plot, and flow.

Here’s what my MS “Reaching for Atlantis” is about:

Atlantis was real and Kat Hamilton is determined to prove it. Atlantis has fascinated Kat for as long as she can remember. Now, at the age of eighteen and part of a familial archaeological team, she has the chance to change history and show that the mythological civilization is no myth at all. She’s going to excavate beneath the Sphinx. Under it is claimed to be the Hall of Records, a storehouse of knowledge and treasure from Atlantis.

With the arrival of Eric Danbury, the grandson of the dig’s benefactor, Kat’s endeavor takes an extraordinary turn. For when she and Eric touch they have visions of a life when they were lovers, some twelve thousand years ago in Atlantis. Kat strives to fight the connection they share. She’s in love with her adopted brother Tony, who returns her forbidden affections. Yet the more Kat remembers, the more she’s drawn to Eric and the life they once lived – a life cut short because of the Hall and what it contains.

Kat knows the discovery of the Hall can change our history and our future. The knowledge within can eliminate many of the world’s problems, like hunger and disease, but it can also damn humanity with its advanced weapons and technology. And when Kat recalls her former life’s promise to safeguard mankind, to never allow what happened to Atlantis to happen again, she knows she must decide if the world is ready for the Hall of Records or if it and Atlantis should be kept a myth forever.

If you're interested, please PM me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
-Shannon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.