Kboards Kindleboards and Writers’ Cafe Refugees

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, so I signed up for kdp and went to their message bords but am seeing nothing except for orange dots and no tittles. Is anyone else getting this? Just wondering, thanks

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
There was a huge influx of North Korean spam over the past couple of days, arriving at a rate of 10-15 messages per minute at times. They're still cleaning up the mess.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
That's truly strange. I logged on there yesterday and didn't have any problems at all.

egearbox

Registered
Reaction score
There was a huge influx of North Korean spam over the past couple of days, arriving at a rate of 10-15 messages per minute at times. They're still cleaning up the mess.

Those North Koreans. They're so lonely....

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I can't get into KDboards. Well, I can go look at them, but I can't get my activation email. And all the 'help' says to sign in for contact help. I've had it resend several times, checked my spam folder - no luck. Blech.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
I can't get into KDboards. Well, I can go look at them, but I can't get my activation email. And all the 'help' says to sign in for contact help. I've had it resend several times, checked my spam folder - no luck. Blech.

Are you talking about the KDP message boards that are aceesable through Amazon...

or

Kboards.com, which is a completely different and independent forum? (And the much better one IMHO)

Either one, perhaps try with a different computer? Or load another browser on (Chrome or Firefox) and try and get on through that? You may be able to email the Kboards mods.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It's kboards.com I can't get into - no matter what the computer. Basically, it says that I'm already signed up, check my verification email. I can't find the verification email. Having them send another doesn't work. All 'help' from mods requires signing in. I'm stuck in the water :(

Gregg Bell

Registered
Reaction score
It's kboards.com I can't get into - no matter what the computer. Basically, it says that I'm already signed up, check my verification email. I can't find the verification email. Having them send another doesn't work. All 'help' from mods requires signing in. I'm stuck in the water :(

Check your spam folder?

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or check your email via a web browser. By which I mean -- I get all my email through outlook, but it's also available if I go to my service provider's website. And there's no filtering at all at that level.

Also, to the OP, I'm on kboards, so if you want me to PM a mod with your handle and an explanation of the problem, let me know.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like time to clear your cache, and try another email :-/

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've tried both, treehouseman - :(

- - - Updated - - -

If there was a way to contact Help without logging in, I'd be fine - but there is no way I can find to do so. Does anyone have a help email that I might use?

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. This morning I read the thread after getting some coffee into me :Coffee:, and finally realized that this is about KDP boards, not kboards. :gaah:censored

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
If you folks need a place to hang and figure out what to do and where to go next, you can use this thread.

I'm sorry about what happened to your community, but please don't bash kindle boards, their staff or the forum owners; thanks.

Keep in touch with each other; communities are portable.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let me add my welcome. You all will find this a safe place to regroup. Plus we have doughnuts!

Maryn, setting a huge silver tray of doughnuts on the sideboard

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, kboarders, so glad to see you here. It's a little different, though. Every forum has its own way of doing things.

Probably the biggest thing to get used to on AW is all the subforums. If you want to publish something that relates to self-publishing, it goes here: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/fo...ublishing-Print-Audio-Digital-Papyrus-or-Clay. I just posted there about a mistake I made when I pubbed my last book.

The subforum right below the SP subforum (both of them are under publishing) is Book Promotion Ideas and Advice: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?48-Book-Promotion-Ideas-and-Advice. That's where all the promo stuff goes.

There's a certain amount of overlap between the two, I know. And if you get it wrong, the mods will just port it to its proper home. Nobody comes for you with pitchforks. :)

If you've used a service that you want to warn others about, it goes here: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?22-Bewares-Recommendations-amp-Background-Check.

Cover feedback happens here: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?234-Art-amp-Design.

I always used to post blurbs here: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?174-Query-Letter-Hell-SYW, although I haven't done it in a while, and currently, only queries are up. I've noticed several SFF blubs posted in the SFF part of Share Your Work, a place I heartily recommend, since the "critters" there basically taught me to edit, which is a gift beyond price: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?67-Science-Fiction-Fantasy-SYW.

Other Share Your Work subforums exist for other genres: literary, memoir, historical, etc. It's technically password protected, although the password is an open secret: vista. I only ever put it in once. After that my computer's just breezed past. You can comment right away on the Share Your Work subforums, but it takes fifty posts on other parts of the board before you can post blurbs or excerpts from your WIP.

Basic craft issues usually go here: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?175-Basic-Writing-Questions.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
Pretty sure I've been on AW a lot longer than Kboards, but somehow I ended up spending most of my time over there since I took up writing again.

I used to follow the never-ending PA thread here. THAT I remember.

Wow. Just checked and the PA thread is STILL going. Never-ending is right.

Last edited: