• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta/Swap for a YA Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

call-of-the-mind

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My name is Fiora and I'm looking for either a Beta or a Beta Swap for my current WIP.

A little about my story:

It's called All the Queen's Horses (Tentative name) and features a nineteen year old female protagonist. It's ~100K words.

Kinadae is the princess of a small and healing oriented nation. Two thousand years after a magical apocalypse strikes the earth Kinadae's kingdom is at war. By day she sits pretty and perfect in full view of the court. By night, she's Andromeda, one of two girls known for their ability for finding secrets.

Throughout the story I touch on topics that may trigger you, such as rape, torture and abuse. It is my hope that through this story I can avoid the happily ever after thing, and the idea that the first guy a girl ends up with or has feelings for in a story is the one she ends up with.

What I'm looking for in a Beta/ Beta Swap Partner:

-HONESTY - I need real, constructive comments. Don't mince your words for me. That being said, I don't want things like "This is bad". I want things like "This doesn't work, here are ways to improve it".
-TIMELINESS - I'm hoping that for a Swap or even just a one sided Beta we can trade at least once a week, and have comments ready within a week of sending the piece. This way we can ensure real progress continues to happen.
-PARTNERSHIP - I'm hoping that we can get along and maybe even be friends. Having something like this is definitely something that I'm nervous about, so comfort between the two of us is a must.
-I'm also looking for someone to more critique plot, character development, etc. instead of just grammar and punctuation. If I wanted someone just for grammar I would just use Word.

Anyways, if you're interested feel free to send me a PM or reply to this thread. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.