Hi there,

softmanifest

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to this site, and it seems appropriate to introduce myself.

I'm Juniper.
Artist, musician, and writer respectively.
I have been these things all my life, starting as a child in writing contests, classical music lessons, and always crafting some contraption or creating drawings. I have a degree in Fine Arts, and outside of the daily grind I work as a jeweler and painter.
As a child/young adult, I won few awards for my work in writing.
Though this didn't mean much to me at the time (I've usually always considered writing to be the least of my talents - perhaps for the unique aspect of vulnerability it asks of me, that I've not always been a fan of sharing), it has in the last few years, upon reflection, encouraged my actions as a writer and given me a renewed confidence.
Self doubt is such a creative buzz kill.

Anyway, I write mostly poetry and short stories.
Poetry tends to lean towards self reflection, existentialism, and general meaning-of-life type topics.
My short story endeavors are more horror, psychological, or tortured internal monologue -ish.

I hate using proper punctuation, probably my biggest downfall. And sometimes trying to use complete sentences bothers the hell out of me. Hah. I'm sure you
can tell by now. But I try to use it to my advantage, since I tend to enjoy reading/writing stream of consciousness stylistically.
I'm very open to critique and help with developing this style of writing!

Speaking of, I'm currently reading my way through the works of Virginia Woolf.
Also revisiting some classics that I haven't read since high school - Jane Eyre at the moment.

Ah, this is getting long so I'll go now! Also if anyone has author suggestions (especially ones specializing in stream of consciousness)
I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm excited to be here and look forward to reading and learning a lot from this rich community!

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Sorry, no stream-of-conscious author suggestions.

But glad to have you here, Juniper, and welcome to AW!

beeauthor

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Juniper, welcome to AW! Hope you enjoy your time here. As for a stream-of-consciousness book suggestion... I think you'd enjoy: As I lay dying by William Faulkner, oh and the play, Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett. I'm an English Lit gal so I was forced to read these to complete my degree but I really enjoyed them and think you would too going by your poetry tastes ^_^

softmanifest

Registered
Reaction score
thank you! I haven't read Waiting for Godot in a reallllyyy long time. That would be a great one to revisit.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Everyone! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.