• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking For Beta/Critique Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleacher1099

Dystopian, it's what's for dinner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
yupireadthat.com
I'm currently editing my novel titled Liberty. It's a YA Dystopian based on teenagers mining gold underground, something I did for 4 years in Northern Ontario. I've had other beta readers who were great, but recently had a string of unfortunate experiences.

Hopefully we can have a professional partnership and share chapters for the same goal, to write better. Because of the unfortunate experiences, I'd like to let you know what I'm looking for:

1. Share the first chapter of each other's WIP first and see if we're a fit. There's nothing worse than reading something you don't enjoy or isn't in a sub-genre I'm familiar with.
2. If we decide to to continue, we'd swap a chapter at a time, usually have a 3-4 day turnaround.
3. I'm open to Skype calls and emails and have writing experience I'd like to share.
4. I really want a good beta relationship. I'm still good friends with past beta readers and communicate with them regularly, so if you're not committed, then maybe this isn't for you.

I'm a really swell gal and would love to read some really neat YA in the fantasy, horror, paranormal romance or dystopian field. I hope there's someone who has a similar outlook and we mesh great together, cause I want to meet new writers and share some great work!

call-of-the-mind

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds exactly like what I would be interested in! I'm very nervous about beta partnership (I've had some touchy experiences as well) so I think this is a really great idea. I'm super into dystopian fanstasy, although what I'm writing if more generic fantasy with small amounts of science thrown in now and again. I'm also from Ontario so the time difference wouldn't exist, which would also probably be helpful for communication. Send me a PM if you're interested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.