VN: How much effort would you put to get the golden ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
All right everyone! Vida here!

I'm currently developing a YA Romance Visual Novel with Fantasy spin.

Now, I've been developing this story for quite a while and it came out pretty big with a LOT of branching paths.

There's about 7 endings to my game:

In the Golden Ending: The War between gods and titans was cancelled and you live happily ever after with both Diana and Elytra
In the Good Elytra Ending: The War was stopped and you get to be with Elytra
In the Nuke Elytra Ending: The War begins and Bruce was forced to nuke all the Titans. Diana included.
In the Neutral Ending: The war begins and Bruce nuke everyone but you managed to save Elytra and Diana.
In the Nuke Diana Ending: Bruce nuked the gods including Elytra
In the Good Diana Ending: The war was cancelled and you get to be with Diana
In the Total Nuclear Ending: Everybody but Bruce died, The End!

Bruce is a side character by the way.

Now, the question is, how much effort would you take to get the golden ending? Should I make the story hard, detailed, and complicated and make the nuke easy to get? Or should I make it obvious?

The system is based on these main variables:

Reputation with Elytra
Reputation with Diana
Tension between gods and titans
Key Items

Also, no this is not an RPG.

And as Always, Thanks for Reading!

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Simply: If I really liked the game's story, graphics, details, etc, I would try to get the golden ending. Most VN fans try to unlock all endings no matter how difficult it is to get them, especially if your game is visually appealing and the golden ending is well worth the work.

However, I don't think you should make it so difficult to get the golden ending where players DNF out of frustration. I guess it just depends on how you want your game.

Last edited:

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
For me, I'd say it depended on how long the game was. If it was shorter, I'd do it multiple times. If it took me an hour...maybe not. I wouldn't make it too hard, but just enough that you really have to follow the rules to get by.

I use to play those types of games all the time. I can't remember the last time I did now though.

fenyo

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how to quantify the hardness of a game, but the fact the you make it possible to have partial success mean that the perfect success can be quite hard to achieve and not the obvious result.

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Vida here!

First of all, thank you so much for your ideas and opinions. I was a bit concerned that I will have to cut off a lot of branching paths for my story. But I guess I just have to make the art and music awesome enough. I mean, I'm planning on using like, 20 CGs and getting all of them isn't going to be that easy. (Let's just hope that my artist can make it work. Though I have no doubt that she will)

As for the music, well, I can't find anyone willing so I'm probably gonna look for royalty free music and use Jukedeck (An AI musician) to make it work.

Oh! And I think I'm gonna put a difficulty setting for this one. The blind mode (how it's supposed to be played) and the dev help (a little icon on the corner will give you the current reputation stat and ending probability).

Again, thanks for much for all your opinions!

And as always, thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.